• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who should replace GRich for the rest of 2014?

Pole time on who the 5th starter should be  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace GRich for the rest of 2014?

• Stretch out Rasmus starting Saturday
    • Roth
    • Mark Colon for an exclamation point.
    • Rucinski
    • Acquire someone else like Feldman

September 1st is around the corner. They will have no shortage of RPs and possibly SPs to throw in that spot on a weekly basis.

Yes, but the last few games aside, we play a ton of close games, and I am not all that comfortable giving someone with a sketchy resume the ball in September in a close game.

I'd like to see what Roth would do with a start.  He has pitched well in the minors.  He hasn't done so well in his few appearances from the pen this year, but I think the sample size is too small.  He could do well in the starter roll.  I think we need to try him out before trying to acquire another arm.  I really don't like Colon and I wonder if Arte would take him anyways considering his known former PED use.  

Every time Rosenthal talks on MLB network he says Arte does NOT want to go over the luxury tax. Really starting to believe that

Luxury tax is a non-issue unless a team is way over for multilpe consecutive years. Overpaying a player for one year isn't as big of a deals s multi year high AAV contracts. The tax only applies on salary above $189M and percentage is small for the first couple years. If that's an arbitrary self-imposed limit he shouldn't have blown all of his budget on Pujols and Hamilton :(

Dipoto made a mistake (or Moreno vetoing Dipoto) by not claiming Colon. He made a bigger mistake not tendering Jason Vargas a qualifying offer.

Edited by ScottLux