• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jerome Williams

Sure, he gave up ten runs in his final start with Texas before being DFA and picked up by the Phillies, but in his previous start he went six innings against Oakland and gave up only one run.

This should be an interesting matchup tonight, with CJ struggling mightily and our offense in deep-freeze mode.

Jerome is hanging on by a thread to his major-league career, so he will be highly motivated to perform. Wilson, on the other hand?? He's not going anywhere.

Sure, he gave up ten runs in his final start with Texas before being DFA and picked up by the Phillies, but in his previous start he went six innings against Oakland and gave up only one run.

This should be an interesting matchup tonight, with CJ struggling mightily and our offense in deep-freeze mode.

Jerome is hanging on by a thread to his major-league career, so he will be highly motivated to perform. Wilson, on the other hand?? He's not going anywhere.

So Wilson isn't highly motivated to perform because he's not hanging on by a thread?

Survival is certainly a motivating factor but it's not like the Williams have been living from check to check. Also I am sure Jerome will have a career in baseball after baseball. I highly doubt CJ's struggles have anything to do with his wife or his motivation.

As I posted on another thread, Jerome Williams has made the most of his physical talent to have a decent MLB career......he did what we asked of him and pitched effectively at times (had some quality starts for us at times when we really needed a good outing from a starter -- he also got lit up and was very inconsistent -- he also pitched well in long relief of us - particularly the last year and a half with the Halos)..........Jerome Williams worked his tail off to get to the bigs and works to stay there -- and, yes, it's probably a game by game situation whether he's going to be able to continue to collect MLB paychecks......he's a guy who needs every day of MLB time to increase his MLB pension for his post playing days.........

I want us to beat Jerome Williams tonight but wish Williams well and hope he can have some quality starts down the stretch to help him catch on with some other MLB team during ST next year.

I'm going tonight and fully expect a 35-pitch inning from CJ at some point.

This is a good night for the Angel hitters to come out of their deep slumber. They can hit Jerome.

Delighted to be proved wrong about CJ. He was a bit shaky at times but got the job done.

And the Angel hitters lit up Antonio Bastardo. 6 out of 9 with runners in scoring position, and six of the seven runs in that inning were plated with two outs.

It was a great game to watch. I've never been at a game before where the team scored seven runs in an inning. The atmosphere was electric.