• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I bet the PiratesWin.com is hating the Frieri trade

rageous

Not only is Grilli doing much better in the AL and Frieri doing even worse with the Pirates, Frieri managed to hit Goldschmidt in the hands and put him out for the year.  And then the next game Arizona goes after the Pirates best player McCutchen and he gets injured by the HBP and he could be out for several weeks.  Talk about one trade pretty much ruining your year.

They should be mad about Frieri stinking, but him getting hit in the back doesn't have anything to do with him straining his oblique. 

the pirates own training staff has stated that the injury is unrelated to being hit.

the pirates own training staff has stated that the injury is unrelated to being hit.

Wrong they have stated that they do not know what exactly caused the injury but you can safely assume that was the main culprit as he was hit on the same side as the injury.

And it's not even an oblique strain as it was initially reported but it's an avulsion fracture of one of his lower ribs.

That's not a type of injury you typically get by swinging a bat.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pirates/2014/08/05/McCutchen-has-rib-cartilege-injury-Pirates-say/stories/201408050186

The latest from the Post-Gazette:carteludge issue with the rib not strained oblique as previously thought. Will probably recover quickly and won't be placed on the DL for now.

Dr. McCutchen thinks it's related to bring hit by a pitch because he's never hurt himself swinging before. Clint Hurdle says the injury and hit by pitch are unrelated from his understanding. I didn't see anything about what the trainers said but I'm presuming that's where Hurdle got his understanding from.

Wrong they have stated that they do not know what exactly caused the injury but you can safely assume that was the main culprit as he was hit on the same side as the injury.

And it's not even an oblique strain as it was initially reported but it's an avulsion fracture of one of his lower ribs.

That's not a type of injury you typically get by swinging a bat.

It's not one you can get from being hit in the spine like Hurdle says he was.

The fact that Dipoto got anything of value for that....thing.....is nothing short of a miracle.

Best deal since getting $13M in salary relief in the Vernon Wells trade.

Edited by ScottLux

Some Twitter gold:

"Frieri for Grilli will go down as the worst Bucco trade in recent years!!!"

"
Grilli for Frieri trade looks worse by the outing. Inexplicable that he isn't DFA'd."

"You think angels have a return policy? They can keep Grilli but can we get store credit for Frieri?"

My favorite:

Complete win for the Pirates. 1) Grilli's arm and confidence appeared shot 2) Grilli is 37, Frieri is 28. 3) Frieri throws 94-95 MPH 4) Cont

•  
Edited by Richard

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pirates/2014/08/05/McCutchen-has-rib-cartilege-injury-Pirates-say/stories/201408050186

The latest from the Post-Gazette:carteludge issue with the rib not strained oblique as previously thought. Will probably recover quickly and won't be placed on the DL for now.

Dr. McCutchen thinks it's related to bring hit by a pitch because he's never hurt himself swinging before. Clint Hurdle says the injury and hit by pitch are unrelated from his understanding. I didn't see anything about what the trainers said but I'm presuming that's where Hurdle got his understanding from.

Is that a seriously professionally written 'paragraph?'

Edit: lol just realized you were paraphrasing it. Whoosh!

Edited by AngelsLakersFan

I know he was horrible this year but he did pitch well for us in previous years. I even recall all of us saying "wow" when we first traded for him as he mowed down hitters.

Give the guy credit for what he did in the past for us. Not to mention he was a pretty easy guy to like (apparently until this year).

I thought both of DiPoto's Frieri trades were gems......

we got him for virtually nothing, expected little and he came up big for about a season and a half.

he went to seed this year, big time -- and we moved him for a decent pre set up guy who still has something left and has helped the pen depth.