• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hypothetical WC game vs Felix

Lets say mariners end up as the wild card team 2 and us as team 1. They throw felix agaisnt us. I'm assuming most of us throw Richards (some throw weaver). What's your confidence level though...? I mean, Richards hasnt dealt with the postseason pressure, and I would hate to see weaver agaisnt felix. I know our offense is superior but theb post season comes down to pitching and just looking at the past years where pitching has dominated the playoffs, *cough* giants *cough* It makes me uneasy to have a horse at the front of the rotation. Or at least a high caliber pitcher with post season experience. Not saying richards cant go up agaisnt and shut down the mariners but again, he lacks the experience. I know at this point there is not much we can do to get this type of player, and I dont like a possible Lee trade (even though it makes sense considering his postseason numbers). what else can be done? Go with what we got?

Again, we are the better team, im loving the sp, bp, and our offense , but we're talking about a 1 game series which could come down to a king felix matchup. That being said, I think we are a legitimate favorite for the world series if we can manage to get past that game assuming we dont take the division. Thoughts?

We're the best team in baseball thus we are the World Series favorites. Felix doesn't have any more playoff experience than Richards and he has a far crappier team behind him.

We have to be the best in our division first to be the best in baseball. And I agree about Felix and richards, but felix has more mlb experience in general.

Likely the 2nd WC team would've already used their ace to secure that spot in the previous game or two (prior to the play-in/off game), right?  Especially if it is a multi-team race.  It seems like a lot of people think that the 2-WC will automatically have their ace set up for the one game play-in.  The only thing I am worried about is that Seattle has 2 pitchers that have handled us historically/recently (Iwakuma and Queen Felatio Felix)