• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

40 - 28

LAAMike

The A's are on pace to win 100 games if I am not mistaken. So who knows what it would take. So let me ask everyone this: if we won 97 games but came in second....would it be a disappointing season?

To finish 3 games out with 97 wins would definitely be disappointing.  But a wild card win would take the sting out of it.

In 2002, the ASB standings were:

Sea 53-33

Ana 51-35

Oak 50-38

Tex 39-47

Anything can happen. Just keep winning.  It doesn't matter who it's against. 

My bold prediciton:

Oak finishes 3rd and the division will come down to the last series between LAA and SEA.  Oak still gets a wild card so both come from the AL west.   I also think Sea will make a move for a bat before the deadline.  One that doesn't look like all that great of a deal, but it will help them tremendously.  The Halos will also trade for another pen arm, but it will be a different one than we expected. 

I'm not smart enough to figure all of this out... I just know that the remaining ten games with Oakland (4 here, 6 there) are critical.  Not to mention the games against Seattle.  Considering the Angels won 99 games in 2002 and won it all via the wildcard, I don't really have a win total in mind to call the season successful. In some ways this season is already successful - but I'll be disappointed if they don't get back to the World Series.