• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Honesty Poll That Isn't a Poll nor a Pole

mp170.6

I don't remember the specific year but it was a few back near the Trade Deadline. I was helping my mom paint her bedroom, I was standing on the counter and over heard Buster Only On ESPN say "Breaking News The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim have acquired Roy Halladay" I went ape shit jumping up and down on that damn counter! And when news broke that the deal fell through, I threw my paint brushes at the mirror and yelled " **** this" and walked outside.. Good times...

I like the rockpile.. I wish the water fall was bigger and facing the stands.

I would love if they added more seats in center, to the right of the Rock Pile. ( so It doesn't look so damn boring out there)

I WISH FOR GODS SAKE we could have some damn scenery in the background of the stadium... I really don't want to become a Padres fan :)

I love Angel Stadium. Going to a lot of Padres games makes Petco Park look like a sewer next to the Big A. The K counter needs an upgrade.

If I remember correctly, Edison International Field was the adaptation after the Rams moved to St Louis. The rock pile kinda looks like Splash Mountain, but I still like it and get a kick out of the cameramen during day games. Relaxing under the shade with water running the whole time and occasional fireworks.

I convinced a friend to name her brand new speedy red car "Mike".

I'm from Benji Gil's hometown. When local Dodger fans try to give me a hard time, I tell the I root for the team where the only native with a WS ring played and won it. End of argument.

Quote-unquote "people" at Dodger Stadium threw all kinds of garbage at me because I was wearing a CA cap. Angels swept the Dodgers in a three game set at Chavez-Ravine. Even stadium employees would yell "Angels suck". "Sweep" was the best comeback. Got to celebrate it with other halo fans.

My favorite caps are the ones with the halos on top.

I couldn't stand Tim Salmon. Idk why? Maybe because he was everyone's favorite? All I remember is everyone never giving GA the respect he deserves. I still believe people underrate what he did in his angels career. His number should be retired.

I honestly just found out Tim Salmon never made a all star team. That's how much I didn't like the guy. Even after dropping 2 bombs in a WS game.

GA's bases clearing double in game 7 is my all time favorite moment.

Anderson was my favorite Angels player growing up.  I remember listening to Angels games on the radio during dinner with my family when he was having that really long consecutive game hit streak.

Edit:  I always respected Salmon for being a life long Angel, but had trouble liking him too much because I have 4 sisters who all adored Tim Salmon because they all thought he was "so cute".  

Edited by AngelsFanSince86

Living in the bay area for the last 7 years I have talked a lot of smack about the casual Angels fan.  After going to several A's and Giants games I find it pretty pathetic how quiet Angels fans tend to be despite having one of the better attendances.

I like Giants fans.

As for Ath's fans, you'll find that most crackheads have trouble being quiet

I couldn't stand Tim Salmon. Idk why? Maybe because he was everyone's favorite? All I remember is everyone never giving GA the respect he deserves. I still believe people underrate what he did in his angels career. His number should be retired.

I honestly just found out Tim Salmon never made a all star team. That's how much I didn't like the guy. Even after dropping 2 bombs in a WS game.

GA's bases clearing double in game 7 is my all time favorite moment.

thats funny

I dont hate him by any stretch, but I never liked him as much as most. Like you, a part of it was because I was such a big GA guy. I kind of always like the guys who are good but overlooked

Thought I was alone on this

1. The team will always be the CALIFORNIA ANGELS to me.

2. I may have been the only teenager in Las Vegas that would listen to a 3 hour radio broadcast of the Angels during the 1970s.

3. I was such a big Angel fan when I lived in Huntington Beach that I traded my Reggie Jackson rookie baseball card for Bob Olivera. Just because Olivera was an Angel. Today I don't know who the hell he was. Anyone know if he was any good?

As a kid, I was collecting autographs at a game.  One of the players handed my baseball back.   I read it, went running back to my parents excitedly, telling them I got Mickey Mantle to sign my ball.  Nine year old me had never heard of Mickey Mahler.  And obviously only knew Mantle by name.

I absolutely hate the fact that Kevin Jepsen wears Percival's #40. Same thing when Bartolo wore it.

I once owned a Wells and Kazmir shirt.

Even though I have tons of Angels gear, I never owned anything with Vlad's name on it. No specific reason either.

I could wear a different Trout shirt every day of the week and then some... I have that many.

I have been a Bobby Grich fan for a long time, but Torii's time here won me over and Torii has become my all-time favorite player.  I still makes me sad that he didn't get a ring in Anaheim.

Joe Saunders is a personal favorite.  Jim Fregosi was my first favorite player ever.

I never really embraced K-Rod.  I think he was a jerk.

I always thought most Angel fans over-rated Darin Erstad and Gary DiSarcina.

I thought Brandon Wood was going to be a superstar, but like a lot of others found out he's just a super person.

I attended my first baseball game at the Big A in the 60's, but sadly, I don't know the exact date and that bugs me to no end.

My wife and I don't miss many games, but we missed the game where Trout hit for the cycle.  We also rarely leave early, but left early the night he had his first walk-off homerun. Those two things still sting.

I love this topic and reading everyone's "confessions."

Edited by True Grich

I secretly envy Red Sox fans for being part of a "nation" and sharing their love of the Red Sox with other people throughout the country.  I wish the Angels were more popular.

I am regularly disappointed by my fellow Angels fans for how few actually follow the game.  Fans at other stadiums, by and large, seem to care more.  Even people who say they are Angels fans here in Las Vegas, for the most part, couldn't name more than a half-dozen players on the team.

I silently judge people who do The Wave.

My favorite Angels players in history tend not to have the most athletic ability.  Gary Pettis, Jim Abbott, Darin Erstad, Orlando Palmeiro, Peter Bourjos.  None of these guys are going to the Hall of Fame.  Deep down I know this.

I like "Los Angeles Angels" and the sooner we can excise "Anaheim" from the name, the better.  I think this is rooted in a deep-seated psychological inferiority complex.

I have given up on stadium food at Angel Stadium and usually stop in at Del Taco before I go to each game.

I went to Game 6.  It was the greatest sporting event I've ever attended.  I've moved 6 times since 2002 and I can't find my ticket stub.  It bugs the crap out of me.  It's got to be around here somewhere. 

I never liked the Anaheim Angels or the logo.  I hate the LA Angels of Anaheim name, but I like our current uniforms and hats.  The CA jerseys/hats of the early 90's are by far my favorite and I really hope we go back to being the California Angels someday.

I took my oldest son, Griffin, to a game on his 4th birthday.  We sat on the 1st base side.  When Alfredo walked into the 1st base coaches box with Griffin and the number 4 on the back of his jersey, my son thought he was wearing it for him.  I didn't let him think any different. 

I was in Seattle a few years ago for work and had bought tickets to go to the Mariners game because they were playing the Angels. I went down to Pikes Fish Market and ran into Terry Smith and Rex Hudler. I was wearing my Angels gear so they stopped me and asked if I would take a photo of the two of them. I did and we talked for a few minutes. Hud asked for my kids names and mine and said he would mention us on the broadcast that night. I called my wife and told her to DVR the game. Sure enough in the 8th inning he mentioned my kids names and that he had run into me and told my kids that daddy missed them and I would be home soon. It was very cool of Hud to do that.

I don't mind the rock pile.

I think bunting a runner over from second to third is worth the out.

This is a little off topic, but I want to get it off my chest....

I wanted the Lakers to draft Sidney Moncrief instead of Magic Johnson.

I'm obviously a poor judge of talent - feel free to bring that up anytime I tout a baseball player.

I missed on guys like Dallas McPherson, Kyle Abbott, apparently Peter Bourjos (who I thought would be as good as Jacoby Ellsbury), Todd Greene, and the list goes on and on...

I went to Game 6. It was the greatest sporting event I've ever attended. I've moved 6 times since 2002 and I can't find my ticket stub. It bugs the crap out of me. It's got to be around here somewhere.

I never liked the Anaheim Angels or the logo. I hate the LA Angels of Anaheim name, but I like our current uniforms and hats. The CA jerseys/hats of the early 90's are by far my favorite and I really hope we go back to being the California Angels someday.

I took my oldest son, Griffin, to a game on his 4th birthday. We sat on the 1st base side. When Alfredo walked into the 1st base coaches box with Griffin and the number 4 on the back of his jersey, my son thought he was wearing it for him. I didn't let him think any different.

Maybe the most awesome thing I have ever read on this board.

That's what the game is about, kids.

In 1975, while sitting about 20 rows behind the 1st base dugout, I caught a Rudy Meoli foul ball on the fly. I still have the ball almost 40 years and countless moves later.

I never liked Bobby Bonds because Mickey Rivers was part of the trade to get him.

During those years that the Angels were really bad I adopted the Reds as my other favorite so I could remain anti-Dodger.

1-My dad took me to my first Angels game back when I was 7. (So, that was a super long time ago!)

2-King Fish will always be my favorite player. 

3-I'm now in Texas and have to deal with obnoxious Rangers fans (including my husband. Although, he isn't annoying about it. Thankfully.) He and I give one another crap about one another's teams all the time. 

4-I have an Angels tattoo on my lower back (yep, a "tramp stamp". Idgaf who dislikes it. It looks great and it's on MY body.)

1-My dad took me to my first Angels game back when I was 7. (So, that was a super long time ago!)

2-King Fish will always be my favorite player. 

3-I'm now in Texas and have to deal with obnoxious Rangers fans (including my husband. Although, he isn't annoying about it. Thankfully.) He and I give one another crap about one another's teams all the time. 

4-I have an Angels tattoo on my lower back (yep, a "tramp stamp". Idgaf who dislikes it. It looks great and it's on MY body.)

Welcome to AngelsWin!  Nice first post. 

I went to Mike Trout's cycle game, and was sitting a few feet over from where his homerun ball was hit (out in right center)

I thought Casey Kotchman would be the best out of Aybar, Wood, Kendrick, and Morales (He was better than Wood!!!!! lol)

I've been following every game of Mike Trout's since he was a 17 year old in the Arizona League

April 9, 2009 was a horrible day that taught me a valuable lesson. I was in 7th grade, and I'll always remember hearing the news on the radio of my moms car just before pulling into the school parking lot. I broke down into tears and couldn't go to school. To this day I believe that day changed me as a person and I'll never get near a car with any alcohol in my system. RIP Nick

Edited by Butcher'd