• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Honesty Poll That Isn't a Poll nor a Pole

mp170.6

St Louis and Boston come to mind.  Even Texas does the red uniforms once in a while. 

What I'm talking about is watching the game live (or sometimes on TV) and struggling to differentiate between Angels and non-Angels players.  It's not easy to spot the minor uniform differences if you're sitting in cheap seats down in the left field corner, for example. 

Yeah but St. Louis and Boston use blue as their dominant colors on the road.

I actually think the Angels are the only team to have red as their only dominant color. There really isn't much else to choose from. Blue is way overdone. Black doesn't really fit the team name, nor does green. I mean, they could have gone with purple, I suppose.

I wore the same clothes, down to the socks and underwear (red ones), to every home playoff and World Series game.  I even wore the same get-up to the road games but watched those on TV.  I washed them in between games though, I'm not that hard core.

I let the deadline to buy post season seats expire that year without buying tickets, because even though that was a fantastic team I was sure the whole season was going to be wasted by a strike.  If I remember correctly they ended up extending the window for season seat holders to buy post season tickets because a lot of people were thinking the same thing.

Oh that's a good reminder. In 2002 I had two season seats and they allowed you to buy two times that for the playoffs. Long story short I only bought two seats for each game. I didn't want to front All that money and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to sell the other pair.

I thought Brandon Wood was going to be a great player, instead I soon found out he was just a great person. I have a game worn Wood jersey with the Adenhart and Gomez patches. It's my. favorite Angel's item. It reminds me of how hard this game can be, and how fragile the line is between life and death. It doesn't bother me to wear it at all.

I also hate beach balls at the stadium, they are super annoying.

I don't like our current public address announcer, it sounds like he's doing NBA introductions, and that's not my favorite sport by a long shot.

I love to watch this team play, win or lose, because they have many great character players, and the team chemistry is terrific and genuine.

OK, this is a real one and I guess is a confession.  

1995 and it was the summer before our senior year.  I was a die hard angels fan then and I would always get my friends to come to the games.  I would look at the promotions when the schedule came out and buy tickets to the games with great giveaways.  When I saw turn back the clock night I bought like 10 tickets for the game against the Orioles.  We were in the front row of the old left field which really meant we were 10 rows up but in the front row where people could actually sit.  The game was a blast.  My friends and I were loud and obnoxious because that is what 17 year olds do, there used to be a peanut vendor in the mid 90's that looked just like Larry Bird and we especially were little punks to that guy (man teenagers are complete morons).  I remember that we were down in the game by three runs in the 8th inning with either 2 runners on base or bases loaded and Edmonds was up to bat.  The Orioles brought in Jesse Orosco and he k'ed Edmonds.  Well when Edmonds came out for the 9th we let him have it.....so much that he turned and gave us the bird and then we laid into him some more.

Well that loss was the second of like a 10 game losing streak that got the M's right back into it and Edmonds was not that good the rest of the season.  I always feel somewhat crappy when the 95 season is brought up.

Not a fan of the rock pile, wish it was more of a waterfall. Wish the a Angels had a unique park that set them apart sort of like the Padres. Never liked "Anaheim" Angels or LA of A. Wish they 'd just got back to California Angels with the CA logo.

At first, I was offended when Trouty wore 27 because of Vlad, I quickly got over it.

The Rally Monkey is a unique novelty and I wish the Angels had more unique things like that to set them apart.

I wish the Angels would still play the NL style of ball they were do notorious for.

I wish the Angels would operate with a lower payroll in the 130's that way no one accuses them of buying championships.

I still can't stand the name "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" and would love to see "California Angels" come back

I've been to Dodger Stadium and Fenway Park and enjoyed myself

I'm a year older than Mike Trout and that's both awesome and freaky as hell

It bums me out that we don't have an Angel hat in the Hall of Fame

Edited by Season Over

Very similarly, my wife and I name our dog Petey, after Peter Bourjos

it must have been tough when you had to put it down. 

I was at the Donnie Moore game and when they lost, I actually cried.  I was 14 years old. 

The following season, I actually stopped paying attention to the Angels and started watching the Dodgers.  But alas, my heart wasn't in it even though all of my friends were Dodger fans.  No, I wasn't in a gang. 

I wasn't a fan of Scioscia when they first hired him.  Thought it was another wannabe dodger move an that it would fail. 

I left the game where Trout hit for the cycle right before the homerun. My wife wanted to take my 2-year-old home as the game was getting late (the Angels were pouring it on offensively). I had just reached the car when I heard the crowd roar. I turned on the radio and listened to terry smith talk about it. My brother called seconds later (he is a mariners fan) and asked if I saw it. I told myself and wife I wasn't mad, but I was so pissed that I had not been paying attention that the cycle was at hand. I still have the ticket, though it feels hollow.

So, if I ever introduce myself at an AW event, please do me a favor and punch me in the face.

Yeah but St. Louis and Boston use blue as their dominant colors on the road.

I actually think the Angels are the only team to have red as their only dominant color. There really isn't much else to choose from. Blue is way overdone. Black doesn't really fit the team name, nor does green. I mean, they could have gone with purple, I suppose.

I think that's the problem, alternating uniforms all the time.  It would be easier I think if the caps didn't change.

Nice graphics here showing the different uniforms:

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/diamond-uniforms/popular-interesting/

I hate the food at Angels Stadium. I have been to 15 MLB stadiums and think our food is the worst. It's pretty embarrassing to me. How hard could it be to get an In N Out? 

I'm still pissed and bitter Palmeiro got the GG at 1b over Erstad despite being a DH.

I think Ervin Santana belongs in the top 10 SP of Angel history and we F'D up big time by basically giving him away. (Yes I said it at the time) 

I thought Brandon Wood was going to be a great player, instead I soon found out he was just a great person. I have a game worn Wood jersey with the Adenhart and Gomez patches. It's my. favorite Angel's item. It reminds me of how hard this game can be, and how fragile the line is between life and death. It doesn't bother me to wear it at all.

I sent Brandon Wood a card with a letter when I was in HS because he was my favorite player, and it came back in 3-4 months signed. 

Ya, embarrassing now but still a great guy. 

I couldn't stand Tim Salmon. Idk why? Maybe because he was everyone's favorite? All I remember is everyone never giving GA the respect he deserves. I still believe people underrate what he did in his angels career. His number should be retired.

I honestly just found out Tim Salmon never made a all star team. That's how much I didn't like the guy. Even after dropping 2 bombs in a WS game.

GA's bases clearing double in game 7 is my all time favorite moment.

I hate the food at Angels Stadium. I have been to 15 MLB stadiums and think our food is the worst. It's pretty embarrassing to me. How hard could it be to get an In N Out?

)

Impossible. But we are building one about a mile from the stadium.

I took a girl (my 2nd date, but with her, my first-1981) to an an Angels game, forgot where I parked my 1969 SS Nova in the parking lot, spent about an hour looking for it-my first love; her not the car...but maybe the car.

Don't like the rockpile, maybe just a bit indifferent, but it seems too Disney.

Like the Rally Monkey.

The CA Angels logo of the late '90's are my favorite uni.

I miss my '69 Nova more than the girl/