• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What Trade Do We Have To Make..

To solidify this squad? Whether it be BP/SP help?

What player do you honestly see the Angels getting?

I'll say Benoit from SD. Imo he won't cost the farm or ML talent.

I believe Arte wants David Price bad. JD has stressed improving the farm but Price will cost the farm + ML talent (Skaggs/Cron). He is that stubborn imo and will override JD if possible, but maybe Arte realizes making emotional decisions doesnt always work? He steps back and let's JD do what he was hired to do? Hopefully

Edited by nando714

We're built to win now, for better or worse....Price makes sense from that standpoint but you're right, he would cost a ton...some combo of Cron, Calhoun or Skaggs plus several of the few minor league pieces we have...

I think this is the squad you have to go with.  Of course a top SP and another RP wouldn't hurt.

Grilli has been good so far.  I am worried that Jepsen can't continue his path.  Also worried about Morin now that the scouting report is out on him.

That said this squad has the second best record in baseball with those worries.  Got to go with what you have, obviously it is a damn good team.

The most I would part with for Price would be Cron, Green, Alvarez and a PTBNL. (Not Bedrosian or Morin or Calhoun)

Cron and Green are blocked right now and aren't getting enough PAs. Navarro can cover 4th OF/1B.

Alvarez is a solid BP arm and not a factor on this team in 2014.

PTBNL allows us to keep rolling.

Edited by ELEVEN

Does anyone have any quote attributed to Moreno saying anything about David Price this year?

Arte speaks to the media?

I'm assuming it would be like him to make a trade for a big name like Price. Like I said though maybe he's learned his lesson by making emotional decisions that may hamper the organization's future?

Please no David Price. Team would have to give up more young assets and then you basically have to make sure you lock Price up to an extension. You really want them paying a 30+ year old starter well over 20 mill a year for 6-7 years? That's what it will cost for Price

Giving up Skaggs to get Price is just going backwards again. Team is building up a nice core of young, cheap talent. They need that with Pujols/Hamilton/Weaver/Wilson all set to start making more and more money after this year and especially in 2016.

I think they add another good reliever to this pen. Ideally, they add a good reliever and another reliable starter. Not an ace, but a #3 type guy(if they can). Not sure if that'll be available to them though

Edited by bloodbrother

Arte speaks to the media?

I'm assuming it would be like him to make a trade for a big name like Price. Like I said though maybe he's learned his lesson by making emotional decisions that may hamper the organization's future?

So you made this up. Thanks for clarification.

Why do people want to trade Cron? Pujols will be a full time DH in the next couple years. Cron is an excellent option to replace him at 1b.

no he isn't. his fielding is horrible. I think cron would be a good piece to move, dude has flaws and teams will overpay for power

bloodbrother said: Giving up Skaggs to get Price is just going backwards again. Team is building up a nice core of young, cheap talent. They need that with Pujols/Hamilton/Weaver/Wilson all set to start making more and more money after this year and especially in 2016.

Not sure about Skaggs yet....he has potential but it's too soon to tell....Not endorsing a trade for Price but if we're going to be saddled with an unworkable payroll in 2015/2016, as you say, then you can make an argument to go for it now, including Price....not a good long term plan but Price might help us win it now (and in 2015)....The A's went that route, at least to some extent...

Edited by DMVol

Giving up Skaggs to get Price is just going backwards again. Team is building up a nice core of young, cheap talent. They need that with Pujols/Hamilton/Weaver/Wilson all set to start making more and more money after this year and especially in 2016.

I agree. We need to keep the young cost controlled pitching we have. We have enough albatross contracts already.