• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What Trade Do We Have To Make..

bloodbrother said: Giving up Skaggs to get Price is just going backwards again. Team is building up a nice core of young, cheap talent. They need that with Pujols/Hamilton/Weaver/Wilson all set to start making more and more money after this year and especially in 2016.

Not sure about Skaggs yet....he has potential but it's too soon to tell....Not endorsing a trade for Price but if we're going to be saddled with an unworkable payroll in 2015/2016, as you say, then you can make an argument to go for it now, including Price....not a good long term plan but Price might help us win it now (and in 2015)....The A's went that route, at least to some extent...

I didnt say it was an unworkable payroll, just saying that the team is better off getting good production for cheap while they have $80+ million tied up into about 4-5 players. Getting good contributions from other cheap guys allows them to be able to only have to fix one or 2 major holes via FA(and having the money to do so). If they trade those young assets away, it creates more holes and makes it harder for them to fix them all

Skaggs is just 23 years old and this is his first full year as a starter at the MLB level. Took RIchards a few years to put it all together, same with Lackey. I'd rather they hold onto him

Edited by bloodbrother

I would like to get Kennedy from the Padres, and keep Skaggs.  I don't think we have the pieces to get Price without subtracting from the ML club.

Not sure we can avoid any trade of significance w/out using ML roster....not necessarily a bad thing...Frieri for Grilli....

I don't think Arte negotiates trades. So if Dipoto wants to blow up a trade I am sure he can. No trade will go down that Dipoto doesn't like.

I 5th ink we need to improve our starting pitching. I just don't think it's possible. Trading major anyone on our 25 man roster while we are doing so well is stupid. Our farm isn't strong enough to trade for an impact starter. So I say stay with what we have. Unless we find a GM who wants to commit professional suicide.

To solidify this squad? Whether it be BP/SP help?

What player do you honestly see the Angels getting?

I'll say Benoit from SD. Imo he won't cost the farm or ML talent.

I believe Arte wants David Price bad. JD has stressed improving the farm but Price will cost the farm + ML talent (Skaggs/Cron). He is that stubborn imo and will override JD if possible, but maybe Arte realizes making emotional decisions doesnt always work? He steps back and let's JD do what he was hired to do? Hopefully

I didnt say it was an unworkable payroll, just saying that the team is better off getting good production for cheap while they have $80+ million tied up into about 4-5 players. Getting good contributions from other cheap guys allows them to be able to only have to fix one or 2 major holes via FA(and having the money to do so). If they trade those young assets away, it creates more holes and makes it harder for them to fix them all

Skaggs is just 23 years old and this is his first full year as a starter at the MLB level. Took RIchards a few years to put it all together, same with Lackey. I'd rather they hold onto him

That might work but very little margin for error with so little payroll flexibility....

Who is blocking Cron? He has been our primary DH since the departure of Ibanez.

The most I would part with for Price would be Cron, Green, Alvarez and a PTBNL. (Not Bedrosian or Morin or Calhoun)

Cron and Green are blocked right now and aren't getting enough PAs. Navarro can cover 4th OF/1B.

Alvarez is a solid BP arm and not a factor on this team in 2014.

PTBNL allows us to keep rolling.

I think we need another starting pitcher more than we need another pen arm. And I am not so sure a second tier arm like Ian Kennedy would help all that much.

I bet Dipoto is actively pursuing a trade for Price, who I think would be a perfect addition. And although I'd hate to lose him, i think Cron could be the centerpiece of a deal. I just don't know that we have enough beyond Cron to make a deal work.

Calhounn and Skaggs should be untouchable, but not Bedrosian.

Agree on the 1st two. I think Bedrosian should become a top closer when he's ready. Don't judge him on this year with the MLB club. His stuff is filthy with great control. He only needs more time.

He might be telling the truth, they are behind the O's by 9 games, I remember a few years ago, they were behind the Red Sox by 9 games at the end of Aug and came back to win the wild card.    

They probably think they can do it again.

Edited by Sherlock31