• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Remember when everyone wanted to non-tender Jeppy

Dipoto nailed this one.  JeDi made the right move in non-tendering Jerome and keeping Jepsen.  It had to be a hard decision--Jerome had a great story, popular with fans, etc.  Jepsen was the destroyer of hope, had the stuff but not the mental strength.  Jepsen has been very good for the greater portion of the year.  Great call, Jerry.

No one can be taken to task for wanting Jepsen gone.  Dude had a ton of opportunities and was consistently inconsistent and frustrating to watch.  I'm happy with the way he's pitching right now but I don't buy that he's magically become a new pitcher.  

Also, I don't think it's fait to compare the two.  People wanted the Angels to bring back Jerome because they thought he was a good long man out of the 'pen and occasional spot starter on a team that looked thin in the SP department.  With Jepsen, people were just sick of seeing him put in high leverage situations and blowing it.

He has been solid this year.  Having said that, I still soiled my pants last night when he came in with the lead in the 8th inning.  I would much rather him come in when we are down by a couple runs than up by a couple of runs.  5th or 6th option in the pen is his ideal role (just because he previous years scare me) but our bullpen is not ideal so we have to make due with what we have.  Jeppy has not been a problem this year.  Everyone talks about the seattle game (first game of the year) ......but the Braves game is the only one that really sticks out in my mind.  All he needed was one out and it took him three tries.  

Edited by Stevestevens

I'm glad he's pitching well... but he still scares me. I've said this before... he has priors and the wounds are too fresh to forget.  Hope he keeps it up, but I hold my breath every time he comes out.

First of all, many of us didn't want the same old Jepsen back.  The guy with the big arm who couldn't put it together.  Would give you hope and then disappoint.  

But kudos to him and butcher for reinventing himself.  His new arm slot and the addition of that changeup has made all the difference.