• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Just in case you hadn't gotten angry yet today

http://twitchy.com/2014/06/09/rape-culture-wins-feminist-freakout-after-miss-nevada-dares-suggest-self-defense-training-for-women/

Miss Nevada, Nia Sanchez, was crowned Miss USA on Sunday night. During the pageant, Sanchez, who has a fourth-degree black belt in taekwondo, was asked a question about sexual assaults on college campuses. Sanchez suggested that women get training to learn how to defend themselves.

For many, yes, the suggestion that women learn to defend themselves was a ridiculous idea, and it even constituted “victim blaming”:

I....don't even know what to say.

I have a 21 year old daughter who just finished her 3rd year of college in Boston. She's tall and strong and took judo for 5 years. That said, we both know she probably can't fight her way out of every situation. Unlike her dad, she refuses to have a gun. We spent a lot of time talking about how to protect herself in as many ways as I could conceive. Where to park and where not to park. Being aware of who's around you. Not walking alone in certain areas or at certain times. How alcohol or dope can affect her and her decision making.

However careful she may be it's still my greatest fear that someone might hurt my angel. You can't ever take too many measures to protect yourself and knowing how to handle an attack should be something every woman knows at least something about. Leaving your personal safety in the hands of others is just begging for trouble.

I have a 21 year old daughter who just finished her 3rd year of college in Boston. She's tall and strong and took judo for 5 years. That said, we both know she probably can't fight her way out of every situation. Unlike her dad, she refuses to have a gun. We spent a lot of time talking about how to protect herself in as many ways as I could conceive. Where to park and where not to park. Being aware of who's around you. Not walking alone in certain areas or at certain times. How alcohol or dope can affect her and her decision making.

However careful she may be it's still my greatest fear that someone might hurt my angel. You can't ever take too many measures to protect yourself and knowing how to handle an attack should be something every woman knows at least something about. Leaving your personal safety in the hands of others is just begging for trouble.

Why didn't you supply her with some hand grenades to store in her purse?