• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What are your favorite places to drink?

So many places all over the world it's hard for me to pinpoint a favorite. I always liked pool halls and once upon a time I was a 9 ball stud. Haven't played in 10 years but I'd love to find a place where I could take a few dinars from some unsuspecting wannabe. 

Speaking of places in OC, my uncle used to take me to a place called the Beehive in HB when he was watching me on weekend afternoons. This was in 1969. Is this place still around?

Edited by arch stanton

That's a good spot. A musician acquaintance I know bartends there.

I can't even remember the last time I went to Back Abbey because we just go here.

I also like Union on Yale across from 42nd St. Bagel. Smaller, but a cool cocktail spot owned by the Back Abbey dudes.

Never been to Union on Yale mainly because of the price. My buddy works there though and challenged me to a game of bocce ball that I have to take him up on.

The burgers at the Back Abbey are far superior to the ones at Eureka, but the fact that if you don't get there before 6:30 or else you don't have a seat the rest of the night has pretty much driven me away from that place. That and the price.

Never been to Union on Yale mainly because of the price. My buddy works there though and challenged me to a game of bocce ball that I have to take him up on.

The burgers at the Back Abbey are far superior to the ones at Eureka, but the fact that if you don't get there before 6:30 or else you don't have a seat the rest of the night has pretty much driven me away from that place. That and the price.

Ironically, I haven't really been there since I posted that in April, but have with Back Abbey. I actually don't like the Eureka menu and only liked one burger there. Back Abbey does have great burgers.

If I remember correctly, Yale was expensive but the bartender made one of the best old fashions.