• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cats Suck!

Just drove through Jack in the Box and saw two stray kittens in the lawn next to the restaurant. I hate cats, but they looked abandoned so I contemplated grabbing one and taking it home with me. But I figured someone who actually likes or loves cats would find them eventually.

Odd the gifs Eric comes across collecting and posting considering his feelings towards feelines...

I've never seen a pussy do the eating before. Weird.

I guess some of us are more fortunate than others...

Just drove through Jack in the Box and saw two stray kittens in the lawn next to the restaurant. I hate cats, but they looked abandoned so I contemplated grabbing one and taking it home with me. But I figured someone who actually likes or loves cats would find them eventually.

If you do ever decide to rescue a cat and you see two of them, instead of splitting them up you should take both.

They are probably siblings and if so, they will have a much better chance of surviving because they will thrive off each others recognizable cries the first few weeks. Not only that, but as they grow up they will have someone to play with and not be so much of a pain in the ass to you, the owner. It's a little bit more of a chore nursing and getting them to use the kitty litter box because you have to do it with 2 instead of 1, but after a week or two and they're trained and they get healthier and start wrestling and chasing each other it's totally worth it.

Here are 2 kittens I found abandoned a couple months ago. One was barely moving, they were starved and riddled with fleas and probably not going to last another day in their condition. They were crying non-stop and I couldn't take just leaving them. Took them to a 24 hour vet they did a flea bath and gave me milk and food for free. At 6 weeks old they gave them their vaccine shots for free too. I nursed them to health for a week or two, potty trained, and got them all healthy to eat dry food. After about a month, I found a nice home for them (I just wanted to keep them alive, I never intended on having them forever). Really quite an experience.

8c374521-804d-49db-80e4-11e9889a0412.jpg

If you do ever decide to rescue a cat and you see two of them, instead of splitting them up you should take both.

They are probably siblings and if so, they will have a much better chance of surviving because they will thrive off each others recognizable cries the first few weeks. Not only that, but as they grow up they will have someone to play with and not be so much of a pain in the ass to you, the owner. It's a little bit more of a chore nursing and getting them to use the kitty litter box because you have to do it with 2 instead of 1, but after a week or two and they're trained and they get healthier and start wrestling and chasing each other it's totally worth it.

Here are 2 kittens I found abandoned a couple months ago. One was barely moving, they were starved and riddled with fleas and probably not going to last another day in their condition. They were crying non-stop and I couldn't take just leaving them. Took them to a 24 hour vet they did a flea bath and gave me milk and food for free. At 6 weeks old they gave them their vaccine shots for free too. I nursed them to health for a week or two, potty trained, and got them all healthy to eat dry food. After about a month, I found a nice home for them (I just wanted to keep them alive, I never intended on having them forever). Really quite an experience.

8c374521-804d-49db-80e4-11e9889a0412.jpg

That's what I was thinking, which helped me decide not to take them. I rent a room from a family that owns a house, so I didn't have the means to take care of two kittens. Possibly one, but definitely not two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do you know why cats suck?  I will tell you why.  We lost our female cat in February.  We adopted her in December of 1999.  We made the half bath in the basement the cat box area.  We put a cat door in it and tore up the carpet to make it more cat box friendly.  That cat destroyed that bathroom. She barely used the box.  We just started remodeling all of our bathrooms and we had to tear out dry wall and the vanity in the bathroom because she pissed all over everything.  Needless to say I do not miss her.  Now the basement is being turned into a man cave.

Do you know why cats suck?  I will tell you why.  We lost our female cat in February.  We adopted her in December of 1999.  We made the half bath in the basement the cat box area.  We put a cat door in it and tore up the carpet to make it more cat box friendly.  That cat destroyed that bathroom. She barely used the box.  We just started remodeling all of our bathrooms and we had to tear out dry wall and the vanity in the bathroom because she pissed all over everything.  Needless to say I do not miss her.  Now the basement is being turned into a man cave.

Should have gotten rid of it in January of 2000 

Sounds like someone doesn't know how to train or raise a cat. I've done both.

Not sure you'd be succesful dog owner either.

Like with dogs, if you do it right, cats can be some of the friendliest, awesomest, most easiest pets you ever own. Besides fish.

Sounds like someone doesn't know how to train or raise a cat. I've done both.

Not sure you'd be succesful dog owner either.

Like with dogs, if you do it right, cats can be some of the friendliest, awesomest, most easiest pets you ever own. Besides fish.

I have been raising dogs and cats all my life.  I know how to train a cat to use a box.  This cat was mental and abused before we rescued her.  I currently have two dogs and they are great.  We still have one cat and he is actually pretty awesome.  15 years old and still going.  So your first statement is incorrect and your assumption of me not being a good dog owner is way off.  We have rescued a Greyhound, Aussie and a Border Collie.  We are looking at rescuing another Aussie here soon.  Thanks for you input dog whisperer.

Edited by 1nutkruk

Awesome, so you rescued a cat, good for you, I applaud you.

But based off your experience with cats and dogs you knew what you were getting yourself into. Rescues aren't exactly good at learning new rules, they form habits regardless if it's a cat or dog. If it was mental and abused before you got it then it makes it even more sense why it was a train wreck when it came to going to the bathroom properly. But you didn't mention that in your original post, you didn't say it was a rescue, you just ranted about how a cat you had was a big pain in the ass. And it doesn't really speak truthfully about the habits of cats, or dogs.

I rescued a beagle (RIP Sophie) 15 years ago and it was 2, adorable as hell, but the damn thing loved pissing on the carpet if it couldn't go outside, and eventually we all understood why. Tried and tried to train her with discipline (newspaper), or nose rubbing, or scolding, then getting her ass outside, but the poor thing just was too engrained in its previous habits. Now that sucked, but I'm not going to go along saying I don't miss the dog or that dogs suck because it pissed on the carpet. If we got her when she was a puppy, it'd be a whole 'nother story.

CaliAngels last two posts, "you suck at raising animals" and "its not super shuttles fault you don't have cell service and your cheap for not taking a limo". I love this place.

Cali before you get up in arms it was a joke and that's not literally what you said. I just clicked on these two threads back to back and it made me laugh.

Awesome, so you rescued a cat, good for you, I applaud you.

But based off your experience with cats and dogs you knew what you were getting yourself into. Rescues aren't exactly good at learning new rules, they form habits regardless if it's a cat or dog. If it was mental and abused before you got it then it makes it even more sense why it was a train wreck when it came to going to the bathroom properly. But you didn't mention that in your original post, you didn't say it was a rescue, you just ranted about how a cat you had was a big pain in the ass. And it doesn't really speak truthfully about the habits of cats, or dogs.

I rescued a beagle (RIP Sophie) 15 years ago and it was 2, adorable as hell, but the damn thing loved pissing on the carpet if it couldn't go outside, and eventually we all understood why. Tried and tried to train her with discipline (newspaper), or nose rubbing, or scolding, then getting her ass outside, but the poor thing just was too engrained in its previous habits. Now that sucked, but I'm not going to go along saying I don't miss the dog or that dogs suck because it pissed on the carpet. If we got her when she was a puppy, it'd be a whole 'nother story.

Forgive me for not including everything about the cat.  Another thing I failed to mention was that this behavior of hers was only in the last 5 years.  I fully admit that I wanted nothing to do with the cat since the issues started but I took care of her with my family and we gave her a great home for 15 years.  

I understand the nuisances of animal rescues.  My Border Collie was a terrible chewer when we got him.  He was two at the time.  By changing our behavior we were able to change his.  He no longer chews anything and is a great dog.  The Greyhound we rescued in 2000 didn't know how to be a dog because he had spent most of his life in a cage only to be let out on race days and for small increments of time to exercise.  He turned into a great fit for our family.  

Maybe the title of the thread should be "Some Cats Suck."