• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ernesto Frieri, Momentum Destroyer

Hmm, watching it live he seemed outside, but that clip looks (to me anyway) like he's setup right down the middle. In any case, watch it in motion, and see how far Hank has to reach to his right.  Victor and Gubi even made mention of the missed location on the air.

http://m.mlb.com/vid...-lead/?c_id=mlb

You sure it wasn't low and inside? Look at the :04.

"Momentum" is one of the most overused terms in sports.  Especially in baseball, where you play almost every day for six months. Does momentum matter if you are facing Jose Fernandez?  

I'm still wondering how some fans make it through a season.  Yeah, I know, you are just "venting".  Oy vey.  

Hmm, watching it live he seemed outside, but that clip looks (to me anyway) like he's setup right down the middle. In any case, watch it in motion, and see how far Hank has to reach to his right.  Victor and Gubi even made mention of the missed location on the air.

Oh, I am not disagreeing with you about him missing where Conger set up. I was just saying that the pitch was not a bad pitch, it appears to me as low and inside. It was just a better at bat by Roberts.

And the guy many were suggesting they sign to close is 2nd to DFL.

It's quite interesting that both Tampa Bay and Oakland spent a lot on bullpen arms and they all appear to be flops. Balfour, Johnson, and Gregerson are all pretty bad so far this year. 

If the Angels had momentum then where was it for 8 innings where they scored only three runs? Going into the 9th being tied is not momentum, it is treading water.

Edited by Eric Notti

I get the frustration with Frieri. But that pitch that Roberts hit out was actually a pretty well placed fastball. It was down and in and he simply went down and got it. NOW!!! I don't have the scouting report on Roberts, but if that is a strength of Roberts then shame on Frieri. Otherwise, you just have to acknowledge that Roberts had a great at bat and that's it!!

I watched Roberts closely while living in Baltimore for six years. That's a pitch he likes to go after but normally rips it foul by 20-30 feet. 

Edited by Lou Spirito

If the Angels had momentum then where was it for 8 innings where they scored only three runs? Going into the 9th being tied is not momentum, it is treading water.

This post was pretty tongue-in-cheek, and I thought it was apropos after the "turning point" thread just one night before, but thanks for the correction.