• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We never had it so good...

How long you have been a fan has nothing to do with how "smart" or good of a fan you are. If you root for your team you are a good fan. I think a lot of older fans have a massive superiority complex. I honestly could not care less how long you have been a fan nor do I care how much worse things were in the past. Times and expectations change.

Should the Angels never get new fans? Should they have the same fanbase who has been through all the bad times so that way when new bad times come it isn't a big deal?

I also love how the GD thread for today has been labeled the "cheer" thread, as if anyone who vents during the game doesn't actually cheer on the team.

A+ post

who gives a shit.  root for the team however you want.  vent.  cheer.  stick your thumb up your butt. 

try to remember that the players/coaches are human beings trying to do their job and that there are other human beings here on the other side of those keyboards looking for a place to participate. 

sometimes we forget and have a bad day.  sometimes so do they. 

some could stand to be less critical.  some could stand to be more forthright. 

I come here to talk about Angels baseball.  Some days I enjoy it.  Other days I don't. 

Can't we get past worrying all the **** time about who it positive and who is negative?

You bring up a good point, Doc. 

I think the problem here has always been the overall tone and negativity, trolling and those who have one agenda only on the board and that's to bash a player, the manager, a coach or front office people. I have done all of those things too on here and when I'm watching a game at home or at the ballpark, but my outlook remains optimistic and I look for a silver lining with this team every day.

Truth is, I've seen less of the whining and negativity after sharing our new experience with our members. The positive effect has been less of a negative tone from our current members and our members of old who hated the board getting flooded with negativity have come back to post. 

It's a win win! 

After reading through the vent thread last night, I don't believe we need to have two GDT threads now. I also don't believe we should divide our members during the game, as most if not everyone wants the Angels to win as an end goal in mind. 

How long you have been a fan has nothing to do with how "smart" or good of a fan you are. If you root for your team you are a good fan. I think a lot of older fans have a massive superiority complex. I honestly could not care less how long you have been a fan nor do I care how much worse things were in the past. Times and expectations change.

Should the Angels never get new fans? Should they have the same fanbase who has been through all the bad times so that way when new bad times come it isn't a big deal?

I also love how the GD thread for today has been labeled the "cheer" thread, as if anyone who vents during the game doesn't actually cheer on the team.

Tdawg delivers

You bring up a good point, Doc. 

I think the problem here has always been the overall tone and negativity, trolling and those who have one agenda only on the board and that's to bash a player, the manager, a coach or front office people. I have done all of those things too on here and when I'm watching a game at home or at the ballpark, but my outlook remains optimistic and I look for a silver lining with this team every day.

Truth is, I've seen less of the whining and negativity after sharing our new experience with our members. The positive effect has been less of a negative tone from our current members and our members of old who hated the board getting flooded with negativity have come back to post. 

It's a win win! 

After reading through the vent thread last night, I don't believe we need to have two GDT threads now. I also don't believe we should divide our members during the game, as most if not everyone wants the Angels to win as an end goal in mind. 

yep.  the repetition is annoying.  when someone constantly singles out one player or one coach and writes the same thing over and over with what is essentially a rehash of everything they had mentioned before while also creating a new thread about it, it get's old.  The heat of the moment gets all of us, but I think it's more about being respectful than positive or negative.  

I still think we should have a vent thread, personally. It's dumb to have two threads, but really the vent thread is as much for people to post whatever they want as it is to get away from being ridiculed by those who don't like the venting. And even then, people STILL come into the vent thread and call out specific posts that were obviously just a heat of the moment hyperbolic reaction. Those types of posts in the GD thread will get attacked by multiple people. Then the thread turns into an argument and we basically go through the cycle all over again.

Obviously if someone posts "Pujols is a piece of sh*t" in the thread then obviously people will take exception to that and rightfully so. It's ok to vent, but you also should be respectful. But I think there is such a blurred line for some of you guys between personally attacking a player, manager, etc... and simply venting a frustration. Literally no one on this board has never said, or at the very least thought "man this guy f'ing sucks" in regards to an Angels player. Some keep it to themselves, others don't.

I still think we should have a vent thread, personally. It's dumb to have two threads, but really the vent thread is as much for people to post whatever they want as it is to get away from being ridiculed by those who don't like the venting. And even then, people STILL come into the vent thread and call out specific posts that were obviously just a heat of the moment hyperbolic reaction. Those types of posts in the GD thread will get attacked by multiple people. Then the thread turns into an argument and we basically go through the cycle all over again.

Obviously if someone posts "Pujols is a piece of sh*t" in the thread then obviously people will take exception to that and rightfully so. It's ok to vent, but you also should be respectful. But I think there is such a blurred line for some of you guys between personally attacking a player, manager, etc... and simply venting a frustration. Literally no one on this board has never said, or at the very least thought "man this guy f'ing sucks" in regards to an Angels player. Some keep it to themselves, others don't.

Nah. We good. We're still Angels fans at the end of the day.

Thank God!!! we didn't have the internet or text messaging in the 70's and 80's. Those were some pretty lousy years as an Angels fan. But those are also years I would never want to change.

we used to have to mail letters to each other to bitch about lineups. AO almost went bankrupt on stamp costs. Tdawgs avatar was spudds mckenzie.