• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Grillin

these are simple but effective. guess it depends on how much grilling you want to do.

webergrills.jpg

this is fancier and fits your budget:

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/weber-performer-gold-charcoal-grill-1431001/250425503.html?listingId=286732762&scid=pla_google_BUYDIG&adid=18172&gclid=CLOInOmq5b0CFUFufgodyqYARw

Edited by Tank

Find a used Weber gas grill on craigstlist.

I picked up one of their older (pre-2010-ish) genesis series 3-burner grills for $100

The brand new ones are like $600

You can also convert from propane to natural gas, if needed, with just some hand tools and a few pieces of hardware. Another money saver

How big of a grill do you need? Are you planning On cooking for a whole family or parties or is it just for you and another person or two?

The Smoker Adam suggested is awesome and I a ton of fun, but it is meant for low and slow cooking. Info ribs, whole chickens, turkeys, and tri tips on mine and the average cook is 3 to 4 hours. The food is really god though even if it is a time commitment.

Have you checked Costco? Their house brand is ok and should get you a couple of years.

My Dad has a Traeger Pellet Smoker. It is kind if the best if both worlds because you can cook at low and high temps. Super easy. Set the temp and walk away.

Edited by Sully151

Negative, in Oklahoma now.

what's the difference between a propane grill and natural gas??

Most houses in California run on Natural Gas, I am not sure about Oklahoma. With an outlet, you can esentially wire your grill into your house and that will fuel your grill. Prety much like turning the stove on in your kitchen.

Propane comes in tanks that you have to take to the gas station to refill.

I've never used a smoker before, are they tricky?

They aren't really all that tricky, just time consuming.

For instance the Weber Smokey Mountain that Adam mentioned above is a charcoal smoker. You fill it part way with charcoal, heat up some more charcoal and then mix them together. Add some wood chunks to create smoke and some water in the pan to regulate the heat. Then add the meat. This process takes about 30 minutes or so. Then you cook at a super low temperature like 270 degrees until your meat is ready. Depending on the cook time, weater and how much you are cooking, you may have to add more coals. Ribs take about 4 hours, Chickens about 2.5-3 hours, tri tip about 4 hours depending on size. It is more of a way to spend an afternoon drinking beers, playing guitar and cooking. Kind of an event, so its not something you do every couple of days. It is what most people call BBQ.

Grilling is high heat and cooks a lot faster. Think burgers and steaks.

It's really nice to have both, a propane or gas grill and a smoker. I think the Treager is the closest thing to come to an all in one so far. It is actually electric to ignite the pellets which creates the heat. You set the desired temp and it keeps dropping wood pellets to get there. My Dad has made steaks and burgers on his and has been able to get the temps pretty high and consistent.

^That looks like a great deal. Free shipping!

To me propane is the best, charcoal grills always seem to make my food taste like...charcoal.

Also my favorite thing on the grill is corn on the cob. Submerge the corn in water in a bowl for about 10 minutes, then just put it directly on the grill. The soaked husks will keep the corn from burning, and will steam the corn, while giving it that nice smokey bbq taste. Keep it on the grill until some of the kernals are grilled brown, and you're all set. There's really no other way to do corn IMO.

Edited by CaliAngel

Most houses in California run on Natural Gas, I am not sure about Oklahoma. With an outlet, you can esentially wire your grill into your house and that will fuel your grill. Prety much like turning the stove on in your kitchen.

Propane comes in tanks that you have to take to the gas station to refill.

I have a friend who converted his Weber to natural gas. The main advantage is not having to fool with propane tanks. As far as cooking, I don't know that it makes a lot of difference.