• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Letterman retiring

Tina Fey would be a great choice, doubt she's a candidate when Lorne Michaels produces both NBC late night shows.

You have to wonder if CBS is willing to go off the reservation and pick someone besides the standard 40 yr. old white male. Of all the networks, I think they are the least likely to do that. Ellen would be an interesting, but boring choice. She's likeable enough but skews older (and female). Neil Patrick might be an interesting choice. If you look in the Viacom family you already have John Stewart and Stephan Colbert. I don't think John Stewart would be a good fit, I think the Daily Show fits him like a glove. Stephan Colbert on the other hand...he would have to drop the character and have it be non political...or at least significantly less political. I'd keep an eye out for that one.

Tina Fey would be a great choice, doubt she's a candidate when Lorne Michaels produces both NBC late night shows.

You have to wonder if CBS is willing to go off the reservation and pick someone besides the standard 40 yr. old white male. Of all the networks, I think they are the least likely to do that. Ellen would be an interesting, but boring choice. She's likeable enough but skews older (and female). Neil Patrick might be an interesting choice. If you look in the Viacom family you already have John Stewart and Stephan Colbert. I don't think John Stewart would be a good fit, I think the Daily Show fits him like a glove. Stephan Colbert on the other hand...he would have to drop the character and have it be non political...or at least significantly less political. I'd keep an eye out for that one.

I'd love to see Stephen Colbert get it, but I don't think that will happen. He's a little too out there with his interviews. He'd have to tone it down x10.

The thing with Colbert is he plays his character as very over the top...a pseudo O'Reilly. I guess the question is that his only schtick, or can he be funny without playing a character. I also think he "gets" the new media and platforms like Fallon and Kimmel do. Cezero has a good point as well, but at the same time he'd be going to a much bigger stage than he currently has, and that might be something he wants.

I agree re: Harris as well. He's definitely a talented guy...you just have to wonder can he do the interview side of things.

Edited by red321

I like Stephen Colbert.  However, I wonder if a lot of his appeal is the character he plays more than who he actually is.  He's been doing the character so long, it's kind of odd watching him do interviews out of character.  It would be interesting, that is for sure.

NJ is spot on. Howard Stern would be an amazing choice. Spice things up in Late Night. He is very close to Letterman. Wouldn't surprise me if this happens since his Sirius deal ends after 2015.

No way...not including the fact his reputation would turn off a good portion of the population...isn't he in his fifties? I would think they target someone much younger.

Oh, another name..I would hate but I'm sure it's crossed the mind of some folks. Ryan Seacrest.

No way...not including the fact his reputation would turn off a good portion of the population...isn't he in his fifties? I would think they target someone much younger.

Oh, another name..I would hate but I'm sure it's crossed the mind of some folks. Ryan Seacrest.

Stern is pushing 60, too old.

Howard Stern would never do it.  He's already got his radio show down to only 3 days a week and he complains all the time how he's tired and burned out.  Once his contract is up, I think he's retiring and from the sound of it, he can't wait.