• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vlad throwing out the first pitch tonight

Chimi

I hope he gets interviewed right after, and he shocks the world by not only speaking flawless english, but with a british accent.

He actually speaks good English. He still doesn't speak it in social settings, but we got him to I need night over pool.....and a lot of rum.

Funny thing is during his playing days this was brought up and he actually did one English pregame interview with Mota. It was a trip.

His interpreter told me he is always worried about being taken out of context.

great.

good stuff for the Halos for inviting him........

Vlad could be the first Halo in a Halo hat/ uni in the HOF -- although some will argue he should go in as a Montreal Expo.......

that's kinda of like going in as member of the Seattle Pilots and St. Louis Browns......

In a symbolic act he's going to run the bases in an effort to stretch a single into a triple, and get thrown out at third base by 15 feet.  After that he will tee up a baseball with a 2 1/2" golf tee, and drive it over the center field wall with a bat.

great.

good stuff for the Halos for inviting him........

Vlad could be the first Halo in a Halo hat/ uni in the HOF -- although some will argue he should go in as a Montreal Expo.......

that's kinda of like going in as member of the Seattle Pilots and St. Louis Browns......

I wonder if we'll retire 27 twice

Seriously, I looking forward to seeing Vlad.  It's one of the great moments in Angels baseball when he singled off Papelbon in the 2009 Red Sox beatdown to win the final playoff game against them.  Thinking about it, that was our most recent great moment.  It was priceless.

I'm all for having him throw the first pitch from the RF foul pole. I remember going to a game several years ago and sitting on the LF line. Before the game, Vlad was warming up with Figgins, standing roughly on the line, about 25 feet past third base. When they were done warming up, Vlad just launched a ball into the RF pavilion. It was just a ridiculous throw, and he did it like it was a totally normal, casual thing.