• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vlad throwing out the first pitch tonight

Chimi

He actually speaks good English. He still doesn't speak it in social settings, but we got him to I need night over pool.....and a lot of rum.

Funny thing is during his playing days this was brought up and he actually did one English pregame interview with Mota. It was a trip.

His interpreter told me he is always worried about being taken out of context.

it was that one interview where he called torii hunter an imposter, and was like 'no, no, thats not what I meant.' And the reporter was like 'so what DO you call black guys?' And from then on he was like 'its only espanol from here.'

But yeah ibe heard hes bilingual. Ive heard ichiro is too, but same thing, he prefers to interview in japanese because he doesnt want to be misquoted. With the way the media can be it makes total sense.

it was that one interview where he called torii hunter an imposter, and was like 'no, no, thats not what I meant.' And the reporter was like 'so what DO you call black guys?' And from then on he was like 'its only espanol from here.'

But yeah ibe heard hes bilingual. Ive heard ichiro is too, but same thing, he prefers to interview in japanese because he doesnt want to be misquoted. With the way the media can be it makes total sense.

You've got it mixed up.  Hunter was the one who referred to imposters and mentioned Vlad in an interview--not the other way around.