• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good Times in Ukraine and Russia

Lhalo

17 hours ago, Kevin said:

Crimea was still occupied by Russia from 2017 to 2021. So why didn’t Trump get Russia to leave completely? Why didn’t his policies get Russia out or stop the conflict? Let’s not forget we were still sending weapons over to them during his term.

Because Russia owning Crimea or all of Ukraine isn’t unprecedented and isn’t the most pressing threat to American Sovereignty. If the battle for Ukraine is so damn serious the damn Europeans should be doing a lot more. It’s their damn border yet we are footing the bill. While all the neocons, libs, and impotent moderates scream Putin, China continues to threaten our global superiority. 

2 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Because Russia owning Crimea or all of Ukraine isn’t unprecedented and isn’t the most pressing threat to American Sovereignty. If the battle for Ukraine is so damn serious the damn Europeans should be doing a lot more. It’s their damn border yet we are footing the bill. While all the neocons, libs, and impotent moderates scream Putin, China continues to threaten our global superiority. 

Then I guess Trump shouldn’t have been sending them military aid during his term.

17 hours ago, Kevin said:

It’s pointed out that Russia invaded Crimea in 2014 and other parts of Ukraine while Obama was in office and expanded the conflict in 2022 with Biden as president. It’s also pointed out they didn’t do anything while Trump was in office. That’s a fact and I’m not disputing that.

But in my opinion, the narrative is also spun.

2022 wasn’t the start of the war conflict. 2014 was and now it’s a decade old. Which means it’s now spanned three administrations. Three different administrations have sent over military and financial aid over the last ten years with Biden sending the most. From 2017 to 2021 the conflict was ongoing. They didn’t invade further into Ukraine but they also didn’t withdraw from its occupied territories either. They claimed it as their own and gave the finger to everyone else.

Trump claimed he could bring peace in 24 hours but why wasn’t he able to do it for four years? He sent them equipment to fight Russia instead of bringing peace between the two countries? 

No one forced Trump to say he could end the conflict in 24 hours, he said that on his own and that would be great if he could (although I wonder what Ukraine would give up). But since he’s so confident he could bring peace now, maybe he should have done it sometime between 2017 and 2021.

You and I agree that it’s not our war and I feel we’ve done all we can for Ukraine (I would cut Israel off as well). 

We trained the Ukrainians under Trump. Russia didn’t take Crimea and simply plant a flag. Be 2016 the area was heavily mined and Ukraine wasn’t close to ready for a fight. We spent years training their ass and they did well for about year. All those men are now dead. At some point we have to understand that Ukraine can’t win. Their Army resembles AW in age and military training. We knew from the beginning they couldn’t win without US troops. 

4 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Then I guess Trump shouldn’t have been sending them military aid during his term.

I prefer he didn’t. Trump isn’t some foreign policy genius. He’s simply better than the uniparty. George Washington isn’t on the ballot. hopefully reasonable TDS sufferers will take a Midol and vote Trump this November 

8 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I prefer he didn’t. Trump isn’t some foreign policy genius. He’s simply better than the uniparty. George Washington isn’t on the ballot. hopefully reasonable TDS sufferers will take a Midol and vote Trump this November 

Some bottle blond hair dye, spray tan and a pair of those new Trump sneakers and you are set for Drag Queen Story Hour. 

I think a sober read of the situation is that Ukraine is unlikely to turn around the battlefield situation and increasingly more likely to suffer increasingly more disastrous territorial loss.  And potentially internal political crisis that spins out of control.  We can debate about whether the US and the rest of the Western European allies should have so dramatically underwritten the war.  That’s done with, they did and here we are.  

at what point have these people had enough of making Ukrainians die en masse for their geopolitical brinksmanship with Russia? The whole thing is comprehensively unethical which is enough to not support it.  It’s also incredibly short sighted and shitty policy.   

also, I think they’ve tremendously damaged what is genuinely our greatest strength.  Which is the hegemony of the dollar.  Hard to say today.  But it sure does look like there’s a lot of interest in de dollarization.  Which makes sense given what the US has done to weaponize the dollar, repeatedly, and more so than ever here. Thats a genie that you can’t put back in the bottle.  

57 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

We trained the Ukrainians under Trump. Russia didn’t take Crimea and simply plant a flag. Be 2016 the area was heavily mined and Ukraine wasn’t close to ready for a fight. We spent years training their ass and they did well for about year. All those men are now dead. At some point we have to understand that Ukraine can’t win. Their Army resembles AW in age and military training. We knew from the beginning they couldn’t win without US troops. 

They needed trained F16 pilots and jets from day one but since they were still flying 30 year old Soviet Mig 29s, SU 24/25s they couldn't control their airspace. They don't even fly now because they are knocked out of the sky too easily. 

Also, I am not endorsing the Twitter account.  I just found the video there first.  I was looking for the video, ok.  Now that I’ve looked over that profile I regret not looking for another one with the video.  Very sad. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

51 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Also, I am not endorsing the Twitter account.  I just found the video there first.  I was looking for the video, ok.  Now that I’ve looked over that profile I regret not looking for another one with the video.  Very sad. 

Don't worry. It's one of Larry's top 5 favorite accounts.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Don't worry. It's one of Larry's top 5 favorite accounts.

I mean it’s interesting to keep an eye on if you are tracking the war and don’t want to go on telegram.  It’s obviously a Russian propagandist account, but it does have lots of videos from the Russian perspective.  Which are worth seeing.  Worth noting that there is *no shortage* of nafo and Ukrainian propagandist accounts on Elons website.  

I would have just preferred to post the video from a non propagandist account. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

They needed trained F16 pilots and jets from day one but since they were still flying 30 year old Soviet Mig 29s, SU 24/25s they couldn't control their airspace. They don't even fly now because they are knocked out of the sky too easily. 

My argument is we had to go all in or stay the hell out. Money and equipment was never going to be enough. The reward in Ukraine never outweighed the cost for anyone not named Biden. 

38 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

Did he get a pair? If they were $39.99 I may have done it for the novelty of it. 

No, but he does love everything Trump. I get a text or 15 minutes on the phone about Trump’s persecution. 

He was never a gun person growing up. The Africans burnt some shit In Charlotte (hour away) and he’s re-dedicated his commitment to conceal carry. 

2 hours ago, Kotchman said:

No, but he does love everything Trump. I get a text or 15 minutes on the phone about Trump’s persecution. 

He was never a gun person growing up. The Africans burnt some shit In Charlotte (hour away) and he’s re-dedicated his commitment to conceal carry. 

Not sure what the shoes have to do with guns except the shoes could be gangsta in a fat white boy way. Not your dad of course, talking about Blarg. 

2 hours ago, Crampknees said:

Not sure what the shoes have to do with guns except the shoes could be gangsta in a fat white boy way. Not your dad of course, talking about Blarg. 

The shoes reminded me of my conversation with pops today. He was prepping for a colonoscopy so he was short on time. He and went straight to Trump shoes  and crime. I tried to get him on how basketball and boxing have gone to shit but he was having it. 

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

California amateur ballerina detained in Russia on suspicion of treason, faces life in prison for donating $51 to Ukraine: report

https://nypost.com/2024/02/20/world-news/russia-detains-dual-us-russian-citizen-for-treason-tass-citing-fsb-as-source/

When I first heard this story, I thought it was my neighbor. She was one of the rare Americans that was admitted to a prestigious ballerina program in Russia out of high school. She came back due to the rona, and I guess never went back due to the war. Her car has Texas plates. Moral of the story. She's a spy.