• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: After dropping off, Cowart bulks up in offseason

Kaleb Cowart has ditched the small town and moved to the big city. This offseason, the 21-year-old third baseman -- and still one of the Angels' top prospect -- left behind his rural hometown of Adel, Ga., and rented a townhouse in bustling Atlanta, to train at the heralded Goldin Athletic Training Association, and to, as he put it, "Get a lot bigger."

View the full article

.221 BA in AA.............he's got a long way to go.............

That's not going to cut it in the majors. A .580 OPS to go with that anemic average. He's going nowhere with that kind of production.

Why not turn him back into a pitcher, as he was in high school? His fastball was clocked at 97 mph, and he had a 10-1 record in his senior year, with a 1.05 ERA and 116 strikeouts in 73 innings.

That's some serious pitching talent.

That's not going to cut it in the majors. A .580 OPS to go with that anemic average. He's going nowhere with that kind of production.

Why not turn him back into a pitcher, as he was in high school? His fastball was clocked at 97 mph, and he had a 10-1 record in his senior year, with a 1.05 ERA and 116 strikeouts in 73 innings.

That's some serious pitching talent.

He's just 21 years old.

He's just 21 years old.

A .221 BA and .279 OBP in 546 plate appearances in AA is not a good sign for a "top prospect". He should be doing better than that at 21.

I'll give him another year, but I'm not impressed at this point.

I am impressed with a 97 mph fastball and a ton of strikeouts, however.

Edited by fan_since79

A .221 BA and .279 OBP in 546 plate appearances in AA is not a good sign for a "top prospect". He should be doing better than that at 21.

I'll give him another year, but I'm not impressed at this point.

I am impressed with a 97 mph fastball and a ton of strikeouts, however.

A lot of players struggle for a season in the minors. Playing as a 21 year old in AA is a tough task.

Obviously last season as a disappointment but it's fair to evaluate him after next year. If he's terrible again, then you make a decision from there.