• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ian Stewart to Angels

UCLAngel

from Wikipedia:

2011, with the Cubs: He started the season playing third base with occasional starts by Jeff Baker, another former Rockie. On June 16, 2012, Stewart underwent wrist surgery and was put on the 60-day disabled list.[3] In 55 games he hit .201 with 5 home runs and 17 RBI.

On December 6, 2012, Stewart re-signed a 1-year $2 million deal with the Cubs.[4] He played in 40 games with the AAA Iowa Cubs, hitting .168 and was released on June 25.

Los Angeles Dodgers[edit]

On July 5, 2013 he signed a minor league contract with the Los Angeles Dodgers, who assigned him to the AAA Albuquerque Isotopes. He hit just .174 in 27 games before he was released on August 12.

The piece!

Edited by fan_since79

@JeffFletcherOCR: Dipoto also said John McDonald “has a real chance” to make team. Sounds like Andrew Romine’s job is in jeopardy. #Angels

I hope that's not true. I'd rather have Romine on the team over McDonald.

That's horrible news.

@JeffFletcherOCR: Dipoto also said John McDonald “has a real chance” to make team. Sounds like Andrew Romine’s job is in jeopardy. #Angels

I hope that's not true. I'd rather have Romine on the team over McDonald.

I'm not going to get all overworked on this, but that would be such a typical Sosh move.

and a bad one.

seriously noone is good enough for some of you.  you would nitpick Christ himself... and in before the "are you saying god cant hit a curveball" JoBoo jokes :) 

Is he any real piece, no, but he provides depth, a little pop maybe, and a chance for Romine to play everyday at 3B and continue to improve.

i would bet right now that IF Freise goes down Romine gets the call to play everyday over any of Stewart/Mcdonald... but for a few at bats and innings a week i would rather see the young guys playing everyday rather than stunting their development like we have others coughCongercough.

For me Romine and some of the youth dont need to be in ANA unless its to start, but that's just me.  It's a depth signing and organizational move.. nothing more, im fine with it.

And all the personality stuff everyone wants  to bring up about this guy, Garza, Freise, etc... come on.. are you that perfect?  live you life in the costant spotlight then pop off till then save the hypocrisy

seriously noone is good enough for some of you.  you would nitpick Christ himself... and in before the "are you saying god cant hit a curveball" JoBoo jokes :)

Is he any real piece, no, but he provides depth, a little pop maybe, and a chance for Romine to play everyday at 3B and continue to improve.

i would bet right now that IF Freise goes down Romine gets the call to play everyday over any of Stewart/Mcdonald... but for a few at bats and innings a week i would rather see the young guys playing everyday rather than stunting their development like we have others coughCongercough.

For me Romine and some of the youth dont need to be in ANA unless its to start, but that's just me.  It's a depth signing and organizational move.. nothing more, im fine with it.

And all the personality stuff everyone wants  to bring up about this guy, Garza, Freise, etc... come on.. are you that perfect?  live you life in the costant spotlight then pop off till then save the hypocrisy

Few notes:

- Romine isn't really a young guy.  He just turned 28, and has had a least a cup of coffee in the majors in each of the last 4 seasons.  He is what he is at this point, and I can't imagine you're going to see any developmental leaps if he gets more regular playing time again in AAA.

- I don't think people are making a big deal one way or another about this signing of Stewart.  For me, it's more of a shoulder shrug.  The dude has never come close to living up to his hype, and he has a lousy attitude, too.  If he suddenly resurrects his career, great!  Do I expect it to happen?  Nope.

- I wouldn't even call what he provides "depth."  He has been absolutely atrocious at the major league and minor league level recently.

I'm ok with the Stewart signing because it's a minor league deal. There's only a very slim chance that he makes the team. He was terrible in the ML in 2011 and 2012. Last year, he only played in the minors and he put up terrible numbers in the minors.

Romine is out of options. He would have to have to pass through waivers to be sent to the minors. I'd much rather have Romine over McDonald as a bench player. 

Few notes:

- Romine isn't really a young guy.  He just turned 28, and has had a least a cup of coffee in the majors in each of the last 4 seasons.  He is what he is at this point, and I can't imagine you're going to see any developmental leaps if he gets more regular playing time again in AAA.

- I don't think people are making a big deal one way or another about this signing of Stewart.  For me, it's more of a shoulder shrug.  The dude has never come close to living up to his hype, and he has a lousy attitude, too.  If he suddenly resurrects his career, great!  Do I expect it to happen?  Nope.

- I wouldn't even call what he provides "depth."  He has been absolutely atrocious at the major league and minor league level recently.

true, still young in ternms of playing time and largely due to being blocked at his more natural positions but you are correct.  Still though even more reason why a stewart signing isnt bad then as with that much coffee he should have stuck by now dont you think?

no matter it isnt a big deal either way