• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ANGELS ANNOUNCE 2014 SPRING TRAINING NON-ROSTER INVITEES

Chuck

For Immediate Release Contacts: Tim Mead/Eric Kay
January 14, 2014

ANAHEIM, CA - The Angels today announced the list of 19 non-roster players invited to 2014 Spring Training in Tempe, AZ. The announcement was made by club General Manager Jerry Dipoto. Below is a list of the non-roster invitees:

PITCHERS (9) CATCHERS (2) INFIELDERS (6) OUTFIELDERS (2)

Yeiper Castillo (RH) Jett Bandy Kaleb Cowart Zach Borenstein
Hunter Green (LH) Luis Martinez C.J. Cron Matt Long
Jarrett Grube (RH) Taylor Lindsey
Wade LeBlanc (LH) Shawn O’Malley
Michael Morin (RH) Eric Stamets
Mark Mulder (LH) Alex Yarbrough
Clay Rapada (LH)
Mark Sappington (RH)
Justin Thomas (LH)

The Angels will open Spring Training on Feb. 13th. The 2014 Spring Training reporting dates are as follows:

Feb. 13: Reporting date for pitchers/catchers
Feb. 14: Pitchers and catchers first workout
Feb. 18: Position players report
Feb. 19: First full squad workout
Feb. 28: First spring game vs. Chicago Cubs at Tempe Diablo Stadium (12:05 p.m. PST)

-- ANGELS --

I'd be much happier to see Morin and Mulder make the roster than Blanton and Jepsen. Borenstein is the guy I'm looking at the most though, I think he's our Kole Calhoun 2.0 and could help the DH/OF situation. If Borenstein proves he's legit and Cron can get his power stroke back, we'll have a pair of nice pieces to replace Raul after, or even during, 2014. Angels positional players by 2015 if all goes right: 

Trout CF (duh)

Pujols 1B/DH (I think Pujols will still be our first baseman but he'll start the steady transition to the DH role)

Cron 1B/DH (spells Albert at first for 40-50 games at first, DH's against lefties)

Kendrick and Aybar up the middle

Freese at the hot corner

Iannetta/Conger at backstop

Borenstein LF/DH (replaces Shuck)

Hamilton LF/DH (gotta keep the DH spot open for Albert and Hamilton, Cron and Borenstein help with that.)

Calhoun RF

Romine/Stamets the utility IF