• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kelly Thomas Trial verdict...

henry

So there are bad cops.  What a shock!

Except bad cops are supposed to be punished.  That is what laws and rules are for.

Shocking, I know. 

It's funny, you get all in a tizzy about a college football coach but can't work up anything for a homeless dude beat to death by people who swore an oath to protect people just like him.

Except bad cops are supposed to be punished.  That is what laws and rules are for.

Shocking, I know. 

It's funny, you get all in a tizzy about a college football coach but can't work up anything for a homeless dude beat to death by people who swore an oath to protect people just like him.

Shouldn't you be upset with the judicial system then?

Shocking, I know. 

They had a history with Kelly Thomas. He had given them lip before and they finally got tired of dealing with him, so they beat him to death. Walked away free and clear, thanks to 12 idiots.

Edited by fan_since79

So you think that because a LA jury found two cops not guilty that now cops are going to go around killing everyone?  lol.

I didn't say anything of the sorts but if you think that these cops going free is good for the community......well then.

If this was someone in your family you may feel a little bit different about it.

Some things aren't worth worrying about if they don't impact you but this defnitely isn't one of those things.  People who are expected to uphold and enforce the law got away with murder.  Absolutely disgusting and it's just one more thing that gives good honest cops a bad rap and makes some of the public trust them even less.

These blanket statements of people should fear for their lives now is completely ridiculous. I used to be a Police Officer in Riverside County and not once did I ever get the urge to go out and kill someone or want to shoot them. There are bad eggs in every line of work. The majority of Police Officers aren't jerk wads looking to hurt and kill people. So to include the whole lot of them as these killing machines is just asinine.

These blanket statements of people should fear for their lives now is completely ridiculous. I used to be a Police Officer in Riverside County and not once did I ever get the urge to go out and kill someone or want to shoot them. There are bad eggs in every line of work. The majority of Police Officers aren't jerk wads looking to hurt and kill people. So to include the whole lot of them as these killing machines is just asinine.

I don't think cops are out looking to kill people either......but.....if you get on the wrong side of one. Who knows?? There are bad cops out there too.

Cops CAN'T go around doing what they did to Kelly Thomas and be acquitted. A man lost his life because thug cops didn't like him. 

Ok so Cops are going to go around offing homeless people and juries will continue to acquit them.  Got it.

So what these cops did was OK?

Nobody is saying that cops are going to go start "offing" homeless people, but that cops might feel like they can get away with a bit more than they could yesterday.

I don't really see those comments.  This argument is silly.  Either it is wrong to beat a guy to death or it isn't.  Society has a responsibilty to stand up and say something is wrong.

I don't really see those comments.  This argument is silly.  Either it is wrong to beat a guy to death or it isn't.  Society has a responsibilty to stand up and say something is wrong.

I agree 100% something should have been done.  I bet the majority of the law enforcement community would agree as well.  But some people here seem to be very anti-cop and trying to make it seem like this verdict is going to put the public in danger of the Police.  I don't buy that for one second. Bad cops are going to be bad cops no matter what.  But the good cops far, far out number the amount of bad ones out there.

then your beef should be with the DA who couldn't successfully prosecute a case caught on video that has nearly everyone in here screaming for a different outcome.