• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Reports coming in of active shooter at Colorado High School

The high school is about 5 miles from my house.  My daughter's school has been locked down.  Actually appears all schools have been locked down.  The news is reporting the shooter is now dead:  http://www.9news.com/news/article/368628/71/2-injured-at-Arapahoe-High-School

Too close to home! I hope your daughter won't be too traumatized by this. She doesn't need to be worried about going to school.

And bubble-wrap them the rest of the school year...  Seriously?!  First off, the kids will be hearing about it from their friends everyday.  Secondly, as a parent you should probably have a conversation with them about what happened, so they get the facts instead of just rumors.  It doesn't have to be a graphic/detailed chat, but they should be aware of their surroundings.

Teaching kids to be ostriches (victims) by withholding information doesn't help them grow.  Lying to them is even worse; especially to your relationship.

While I was working for the Oklahoma Parole Board, we received a telephone threat that if a certain inmate was not granted parole someone was going to shoot people in the office. This inmate was almost certain to be denied (not that this really mattered). I was the office manager during board meetings, as the top brass attended. With no policy in place for issues like this and no precedent, I called the Department of Public Safety. They sent an armed officer who sat in our office until closing. Nothing happened, but that was a very unnerving day.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan