• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roy Halladay

HaloRed16

I've already suggested Narveson to possibly consider for starting rotation bottom, arguing how teams tend to go to the "heap" for that part as it is.

So, how about Roy Halladay; not to overpay him, but to consider for some bargain figure, bridge 3 or 4th in the rotation for the chance to regain toward old form?

Rotation Scenario:

Weaver, Wilson, Richards/Halladay, Narveson (upon speculation only).

Sign Halladay, at least, toward something after non-tendering Williams and Hanson!!

No, this team is not in a position to take a flier on a guy after last season's debacle.

They need at least one solid contributor like Weaver/Wilson, then an innings eater type like Vargas at #4 IMO.

BTW, how can I get my old name back without it tied to Facebook, a mistake I made since this website format changed.

Halladay tried to come back too soon last year. What do you think they're willing to pay or trade for the quality starter you have in mind mid-rotation.

By the looks of Vargas going to KC, unless Arte will consider spending beyond the lux tax threshold while he has Trout to ink to a big deal and awaiting the time for money to fall off the books, the bargain path/gamble persists bottom rotation half after Williams and Hanson have been non-tendered.

•Anyone — Sign Roy Halladay if he wants to come back

Okay, I’m cheating, as this isn’t really a fantasy baseball related issue at this point. Still, Roy Halladay has had a fantastic career and deserves to have a better curtain call than what 2013 offered. I’m not a fan of any team he’s ever played on, but this is definitely a fan-boy plea. I still watch when I’m flipping channels and see Doc on the mound, and I’d love to have that chance for another season.

Okay, let’s finish on a happier note. (FanGraphs)

I'd take the chance, myself. At first indication he's regaining, wammo o bammo than you mammo, cha ching!!

•Anyone — Sign Roy Halladay if he wants to come backOkay, I’m cheating, as this isn’t really a fantasy baseball related issue at this point. Still, Roy Halladay has had a fantastic career and deserves to have a better curtain call than what 2013 offered. I’m not a fan of any team he’s ever played on, but this is definitely a fan-boy plea. I still watch when I’m flipping channels and see Doc on the mound, and I’d love to have that chance for another season.Okay, let’s finish on a happier note. (FanGraphs)I'd take the chance, myself. At first indication he's regaining, wammo o bammo than you mammo, cha ching!!

I hope he signs with another team, so you can get your wish. Your last sentence was interesting. Didn't you say in a previous thread that your old id was "Halo Thunder"?

No way. We already overvalued blanton last season. Let's not do it again.

We're not talking about Blanton here; this is Doc Halladay! Someone will take the chance on him, it's not like every team has completely turned their backs on him of letting him ride off into the sunset.

He'll be 38 in 2014 but, some more time with rehab and strengthening...I WOULD TAKE THAT CHANCE IN A HEARTBEAT. Just don't overpay for him. Put it this way, I would give him 2/22 over Kazmir just for that chance.

If Halladay is signed, he needs to be the #6 pitcher.

The Angels are in no position to gamble on a guy whose arm looks like it's completely finished. 

People said the same thing two years ago about Scott Kazmir and he just received a 2 year $22M contract.   Just saying   The sad thing is our options are very limited now

People said the same thing two years ago about Scott Kazmir and he just received a 2 year $22M contract. Just saying The sad thing is our options are very limited now

Kazmir also didn't have anywhere near the amount of innings logged as Halladay. I think it was more of a mechanical and mental thing with Kazmir than anything.

Halladay has had a phenomenal career but I think he's done. He could only be a workhorse for so long.

Spend the year rehabbing with Bartolo's doctors

Kaz is probably already scheduled with that.  Balco might be underground. 

Bottom line, just don't overpay the Doc and take him on to see if last season's return was merely a hiccup. 

Edited by HaloRed16