• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UCLA Football Thread

nate

8 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Is this one better than the Josh Rosen comeback? I think so. This one was just too improbable.

Much, much better. This team was a complete trainwreck just a few hours ago. On the verge of being called the worst team in the country. Now everyone is asking "is this the start of something?"

I may just do that today. Near the end of the first half when UCLA picked off the dropped pass, then gave it right back near the Washington red zone, I was done. I had to get up at 5am and just couldn't justify staying up to watch the Bruins go 0-4. Turned out to be a hell of a game and worth watching a replay. 

Last Saturday's game reminded me of another epic collapse involving UCLA and WSU.

Only that time the shoe was on the other foot:

https://www.nytimes.com/1988/10/30/sports/unbeaten-ucla-is-upset.html

The brief reign of U.C.L.A. as the No. 1 college team in the nation came to an end here today as the Washington State University Cougars upset the pass-happy Bruins, 34-30.

Three costly personal fouls and two key turnovers by U.C.L.A., ranked first in The Associated Press poll and second in the New York Times's computer ranking, gave Washington State the lift it needed to score 28 second-half points in front of 51,970 fans in the Rose Bowl.

The Cougars, unranked in the news agency polls, were 20-point underdogs entering the game.

''I felt coming in we really had a chance to win,'' said Coach Dennis Erickson of Washington State (5-3). ''Even when we got behind, 27-6, the kids didn't let down.''

Turns out that the 50 point second half surpassed the 49 point second half (49-0 margin) that USC put up on the Domers in 1974, which was the previous most points scored in the second half by a PAC-12 team since 1931.

Saturday night's game had to be one of the craziest CFB games ever.    I can't fathom 130 pts being scored in a CFB game.   

iirc, the NFL record was set 53 years ago, 113 pts by Washington and the NY Giants (72-41 Washington).    Rams/Chiefs last season threatened that record.

• 2 weeks later...