• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What concerts/shows have you been to lately?

Brandon

I love the Santa Barbara Bowl. Great venue. Saw Grace Potter and Robert Plant there earlier this summer. Gonna see Gary Clark Jr at the Wiltern tomorrow night after work. Saw him last year at the Troubadour and he was fantstic.

I see a ton of bands, tho. My favorite way to pass a crappy baseball season. Saw Butch Walker last week at the Bootleg, and he was great!

Love the Troubadour. I saw Arcade Fire play there on their first trip LA. Everyone on the floor dropped their jaws when they opened with Wake Up. Awesome show.

Love the Troubadour. I saw Arcade Fire play there on their first trip LA. Everyone on the floor dropped their jaws when they opened with Wake Up. Awesome show.

The Troubadour has some serious history. Especially in the 70s. Great place to see a band. When I first went there (more years ago then I'd like to admit) I was really surprised by how small it is. 

The Chromatics and The XX were awesome last night. I forgot how awesome the sound is at the Hollywood Bowl minus the walk and terrible exit strategy.

The XX used the Hollywood Bowl symphony with their encore and that was rad.

Although, I'm reminded how I'm now the old guy that likes to sit in the back with $4 bottled waters and take in everything while getting annoyed at people next to me dancing and singing....granted, it wasn't that kind of show and they were drunk, but I've done the same thing or worse.

I didn't know you could bring in supplies to the venue. While it was a hipster convention full of rolled up skinny jeans and ankle boots, I've never seen such a collection of Trader Joe bags, surely with hummus and quinoa, and cheap bottles of wine.

And props to the band saying thank you many times and including that we came out while the Breaking Bad finale was on.

I've been there once before and with this time as well don't remember the lines being too bad. When we got waters it seemed normal and only because the people in front of us were stupid and couldn't read the menu then debates for a while whether to buy the $32 bottle of wine.

Possible because everyone had a Trader Joe's bag, ice chest, or some kind of food/beverage container. Even walking.g to the seats the lines elsewhere weren't bad and everyone was parked somewhere eating and drinking on the outskirts.

I guess when the cheapest ticket is $119 (she may have paid that for both, I don't know) you bring in your own supplies.

Del is awesome. Seen him twice. Once on his own and once with the heiro crew. Looking to catch them when they tour for the new Deltron record. They performed with a full orchestra these days which is just awesome. 

Looks like he'll be playing at the Observatory in November.

http://observatoryoc.com/events/deltron-3030?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Cold+War+Kids%2C+Sounds%2C+Chance+The+Rapper%2C+...&utm_source=YMLP&utm_term=Deltron+3030