• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Things That Make You Feel Old

St1ck

At work today I was talking with some coworkers about 9/11 and one of them said he was in high school when it happened.  That made me remember the significant event back when I was in 11th grade - the space shuttle Challenger blowing up. 

Age is so subjective.  I'm 44 and 44 doesn't feel nearly as bad as I thought it would when I was in my early 20s, in fact I mostly enjoy it.  But I'm still 20 years older than some of the people I work with.  That's two decades. 

This is a hilarious thread!

I remember battling my sister in high school over using our one phone.  We were very excited, when our folks bought the extended-cord so we could slip into the next room for some privacy.

I think I was 9 when we stood in line for "Star Wars" on opening weekend, but I cant't really remember for some reason...

When we first moved to CA (back in 75) we had a party-line phone.  That meant you shared a line with other people.  Sometimes you'd pick up the phone to dial (yes, actually dial) and somebody else would be on the line so you'd have to wait until they were done with the call.  Also, for local calls you only had to dial the last five numbers. 

I remember watching the Lakers at 10pm on tape delay on channel 2. I remember ON TV and Select TV. I remember when our neighborhood first got cable (Group W Cable) and the remote was attached to the cable box with a telephone cord. I also remember Family Night at the stadium where the entire 400 section was general admission.

I have Little League photos that could be casting photos from The Bad News Bears.

Everybody walked to school.

I could go anywhere in my neighborhood as long as I came home when the sun went down.

Sneaking in to see Jaws at age 11 scared the bejeezus out of me and ruined the whole beach summer.

I remember watching the Lakers at 10pm on tape delay on channel 2. I remember ON TV and Select TV. I remember when our neighborhood first got cable (Group W Cable) and the remote was attached to the cable box with a telephone cord. I also remember Family Night at the stadium where the entire 400 section was general admission.

I was an installer for ON TV 32 years ago. Ouch.

I might have crawled through your attic or under your house...

I had the sugar sugar cereal record too! Super sugar crisp I think. Stradling, I don't think we had select but we definitely had ONTV. We lived in Tara hill when we first got cable. Installed the day of yearns haggler? Or was it haggler Leonard? Was a big fight I remember that much. Actually you may have already moved to sunny hills. I was withSue already.