• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The dodgers have 2 pitchers in top 5 era

NrM

3 in the top 20. That's pretty amazing considering beckett and billingsley have been hurt all year.

The angels have one pitcher in the top 50. Cj wilson at like 38. I don't believe weaver qualifies.

well, kershaw is unreal, grinke is as good as anyone below kershaw, and ryu has been fantastic.

That said, mentioning billingsly and beckett are out is odd, being that both would have been worse in the rotation for them.

Beckett has been done for about 2 years. And billingsly has never really lived up to his potential.

well, kershaw is unreal, grinke is as good as anyone below kershaw, and ryu has been fantastic.

That said, mentioning billingsly and beckett are out is odd, being that both would have been worse in the rotation for them.

Beckett has been done for about 2 years. And billingsly has never really lived up to his potential.

Sure Billingsly has not lived up to his front line staff ace potential, but he has had a sub 4 ERA in 6 of his 8 big league years. The two times he went over his ERA was 4.03 and 4.21. His career ERA is 3.65. He would make every pitching staff in baseball better.

disagree with everything you said. Not even going to attempt to argue. 

Sure Billingsly has not lived up to his front line staff ace potential, but he has had a sub 4 ERA in 6 of his 8 big league years. The two times he went over his ERA was 4.03 and 4.21. His career ERA is 3.65. He would make every pitching staff in baseball better.

He's a very solid pitcher. I just don't think he's as good as he's been hyped.

His career era is aided by his one start this year. But more importantly (imo), is his three year splits (for any player). Does anyone really expect pujols to put up a .950 ops from here on out, based on his career.

Billingsly's last 4 years have been very ervin santanaish. Lots of K's. Outstanding 2008. Lots of baserunners....

And santana disnt have the benefit of the spacious NL west parks. Not saying they're equal pitchers, just that I don't think billingsly being out (especially having been replaced by ryu) is hurting them all that much.

disagree with everything you said. Not even going to attempt to argue.

I may have worded what I said about billingsly poorly. I never meant to imply he's a poor pitcher. But he's been replaces by ryu....billingsly would have NEVER done this year what ryu has.

And ill assume you meant strictly on that matter. If you disagree on beckett....well, ill respect your opinion....

He's a very solid pitcher. I just don't think he's as good as he's been hyped.

His career era is aided by his one start this year. But more importantly (imo), is his three year splits (for any player). Does anyone really expect pujols to put up a .950 ops from here on out, based on his career.

Billingsly's last 4 years have been very ervin santanaish. Lots of K's. Outstanding 2008. Lots of baserunners....

And santana disnt have the benefit of the spacious NL west parks. Not saying they're equal pitchers, just that I don't think billingsly being out (especially having been replaced by ryu) is hurting them all that much.

How is his career ERA aided by his one start this year. One start does nothing to a career ERA.