• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Come Throw Strikes with C.J. Wilson

AngelsWin.com

CJWCC_BowlingEventFlyer2013.jpg

By David Saltzer, AngelsWin.com Senior Writer

One of the things that made me an Angels fan as a kid was all the community involvement from the players and the team. It was always different with the Angels. It was my team. My players. My community. As a fan, it made me proud to see my guys doing good good on—and—off the field.

At AngelsWin.com, we are a strong community that supports good causes. Last month, we raised over $6,100.00 for the O. C. Miracle League. I’ve shared that number with numerous people in the Angels front office and with the players, and everyone was blown away but how much we raised. We did good for our community.

Now, we have a chance to do it again. We can come throw strikes with C. J. Wilson on Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 6:00 pm as he raises funds for the C.J. Wilson Children’s Charities, which supports the Hematology and Oncology Clinic of Children’s Hospital of Orange County, the Hemotosis and Thrombosis Center at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, and the San Diego Hemophilia Camp. Those hospitals do a lot of good healing children—our children, in our community. 

In the past, I interviewed C.J. about his charities. Click here to listen how and why he chose to support these charities.

This is an incredible opportunity for Angels fans. How often have you wanted to meet an Angels player and bowl a game? And, to top it off, how good would it make you feel knowing that your game while you were doing it, you were raising money to help heal local children dealing with major illnesses?

Click 
 to see a video from last year’s Throw Strikes event.

Click here to buy tickets in advance and avoid the hassle of having to buy tickets at the door. 

I will be there to support this event. I hope to see you and your families there too!

Who: You, your friends, your family, C.J. Wilson and other Angels players/personnel

What: Bowling to raise money for charity

Where: BOWLMOR
             321 W. Katella Ave., Suite #085
             Anaheim, CA 92801

When: Doors open at 6:00 pm

Cost: Packages ranging from $50-$100 per person

Go figure. I went to this last year. It was a FANTASTIC time!! Actually got to bowl with Bobby Wilson.  CJ spent a lot of time taking pictures and signing autographs for everyone, and he also does a raffle--some of the raffle prizes are better than you can even imagine!!!  There was a gold necklace there.  It included a beautiiful chain, and it was this awesome left handed baseball glove with a diamond for the baseball. Had to be AT LEAST a karat. and tickets were only $1 each, if I remember correctly. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a lot of respect for the Angel players and management that give back so much to the community. They have a blessed life economically and for them to give back to those less fortunate is a great thing to see. What they do in real life off the field is more important than anything they do on the field.