• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dear Mark Trumbo

jshep

Dear Trumbo, please play for a different team.

Unfortunately, the Angels had a good opportunity to package him when he had his peak this season and _maybe_ find a GM dumb enough to get an A-tier player.  Maybe.

But they gambled (I assume) and understandably so.   I guess.

Now there is enough of a book on Trumbo we won't get anything that will help much (subtract some, add some, same place).

Dipoto continues to show why he is in over his head.

Hey Arte, do you even know what it takes to hire a good GM?

It's called having a network that helps you find good baseball minds.

Dipoto ain't one.

Reagins ain't one.

AngelsWin ain't one.

Hey listen, it is what it is.

We all wanted to trade him but didn't want to lose the largest source of offense on a team that was supposed to floweth over with offense like a pair of Sofia Vergara bosoms. 

But the facts do remain he's lost a good amount of worth. 

I'm honestly not sure what a team would give up to get his positives - quite appealing...almost outweighed by his negatives.

Who's going to plug him in where and give up what?  

I can play trade p0rn but I really would be guessing at this point.  I'm not really sure what he's worth now on the market...outside of a savy GM.

His greatest plus side right now is club control.

Last year post all star break, .632 OPS...   This year, post all star break, .635 OPS..   CONSISTENCY!!!

Maybe he watched the HR derby on TV and it ruined his swing.

Post All Star Game:

Chris Davis (participated in HRD) : .238 / .308 / .500

Miguel Cabrera (no HRD) :  .367 / .466 / .776

All Star Game = kiss of death

Trumbo over the last year:

.233/.289/.415/.704

I just don't get how the guy has come into the last two seasons like gangbusters.  Looking like he has turned a corner and then all of a sudden, He swings at every pitch under the sun. 

Makes us understand why they call it plate discipline.   Cause it takes discipline to avoid falling into all the same old habits.   Angels need to cut bait and get value while they still can.

Trumbo over the last year:

.233/.289/.415/.704

I just don't get how the guy has come into the last two seasons like gangbusters. Looking like he has turned a corner and then all of a sudden, He swings at every pitch under the sun.

Whoa, that is brutal from a player who isn't at a defensive premium position. If he doesn't turn it around ROS the team simply must not project him as a starter entering 2014.

Calhoun >> Trumbo.