• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 3/7 Angels @ Padres

#Angels RHP Ernesto Frieri was beaning with excitement over the cutters he threw today.

Frieri: “Last year they knew a fastball was coming, I threw fastball. Now they know a fastball is coming and I throw a cutter… got him.”

-----

And there was that scout the other day talking about Frieri's changeup looking good as well.

careful nando..howie suckers me in every spring then tends to dissapoint once the season rolls around...may be a solid sleeper this year though...we all know howie has "breakout potential"

I know

I drafted him last yr

Just like you said waiting for him to "break out"

I assume he meant got heeeeeeem.

#Angels RHP Ernesto Frieri was beaning with excitement over the cutters he threw today.

Frieri: “Last year they knew a fastball was coming, I threw fastball. Now they know a fastball is coming and I throw a cutter… got him.”

-----

And there was that scout the other day talking about Frieri's changeup looking good as well.

re: Spoon, Peter Bourjos has to look over his shoulder now. He's having the type of camp that he's able to flash the tools he has. Speed & Power, GREAT DEFENSE!

No not Petey!!!! Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

re: Spoon, Peter Bourjos has to look over his shoulder now. He's having the type of camp that he's able to flash the tools he has. Speed & Power, GREAT DEFENSE!

yeah, everyone thought Wells and Calhoun but damn....Witherspoon is tearing it up

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/LAA/2013.shtml

Anyone checked this out?   BBRef has a pretty cool little thing they are tracking.  

OppQual -- Quality of opposing pitchers or batters faced
Varies from 1 being rookie ball to 10 full-time major leaguer
Based on the levels their opponents played at in the previous season.
10 - MLB
8 - AAA
7 - AA
5 - High A (California & Carolina)
4 - Full-Season A (SALLY and Midwest
1.5 to 3, Rookie and Short-season,
1 - Opposing batter is a pitcher

ST stats are rather meaningless given many guys are just trying to work on a single pitch, or just get their arm strength up, but I don't recall ever seeing this be tracked before.

I think it's pretty awesome.

Also worth noting, the Angels have used 41 different position players to date...   KC, the early spring stars, 28 position players.  Seattle, the other team doing really well, 29 position players.

It's interesting to see how different teams treat the early part of ST.