• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 3/7 Angels @ Padres

Freddy Garcia is one of those pitchers that looks like he's throwing meatballs up there all the time.  Seems like he should always get rocked, and yet he manages to sort of hang in there and end up with decent stats.

Ya, at least until last year.

man, howie is having a great spring so far

He always does. Without looking it up I bet April is his best slugging % month also. I think he hit under double digit homeruns last year and seems like they all came early.

BTW...Thanks for changing your avatar.

man, howie is having a great spring so far

He always does. Without looking it up I bet April is his best slugging % month also. I think he hit under double digit homeruns last year and seems like they all came early.

BTW...Thanks for changing your avatar.

He probably does well in Spring training because he's a fastball hitter and pitchers are throwing more fastballs now to get their arms in shape.

He probably does well in Spring training because he's a fastball hitter and pitchers are throwing more fastballs now to get their arms in shape.

Which is why he is my choice for hitting in the 2 spot. I know I am one of few who would like to see that, but since it goes against most everybody's thinking...I have confidence that Scioscia will have him there.

I think Howie will thrive there.

What are his career #'s hitting after Trout and before Pujols-Hamilton?

This debate has raged since Torii left and Hamilton was signed. I have no desire to get back into it.

I just believe Howie will see plenty of pitches he can hit in that spot.

I am sure he will get a chance to prove me wrong.

I'm in favor of Callaspo hitting 2nd, merely because he's patient enough to allow Trout to run havoc on opposing catchers on the basepaths.

Aybar would be giving up outs needlessly with Trout's speed on base by bunting far too much.

Howie is the wildcard. Need to see him between Trout and Pujols. Hitting between the guys we had previously at the 1 and 3 spots bears less significance now.

I'm in favor of Callaspo hitting 2nd, merely because he's patient enough to allow Trout to run havoc on opposing catchers on the basepaths.

Aybar would be giving up outs needlessly with Trout's speed on base by bunting far too much.

Howie is the wildcard. Need to see him between Trout and Pujols. Hitting between the guys we had previously at the 1 and 3 spots bears less significance now.

im all for leaving howie toward the bottem of the line-up

In 2012

.717 OPS batting 2nd

.772 OPS batting 6th

.816 OPS batting 7th

might as well keep Callaspo in the 2-hole and let howie continue to hit down in the order...just my 2 cents