• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Enjoy Trout While He's Still Here

ghoetke

He's starting to look a little fat to me; we should probably trade him for a couple prospects while he's still worth something, or he flees to the Phillies or Mets so he has a legit chance of experiencing  the playoffs. . .

;):lol:

I hope so.  It would be great to have a Jeter type career Angel.  I honestly can't imagine the Angels without him.  We are truly lucky to have him.

Not to be negative, I'm not saying I think he'll leave, but for some reason this reminds me what Cavaliers fans must have said before the LeBron incident.

But Trout isn't a complete douche. So it's cool.  

I feel like the angels have inherited too many bad contracts with Pujols, Wells, and Hamilton. and they wont have enough to resign Trout now.  

I think Arte will drop the ball on Trout and try to sign him for real cheap since resigning your own players doesn't give big headlines, and Trout will end up moving on.  That's all Arte is about - big headlines.......and not putting a good product out on the field.

Well, he did end up signing him for cheap.

Trout has the most team friendly contract in MLB for the next 6 years, barring injury.

He's starting to look a little fat to me; we should probably trade him for a couple prospects while he's still worth something, or he flees to the Phillies or Mets so he has a legit chance of experiencing  the playoffs. . .

;):lol:

Agreed. He's given up on trying to steal bases and is trying be a home run hitter

On the plus side though Trout is so legendary he's discovered a way to actually be both a Mets fan and a Phillies fan simultaneously

out of curiosity, whys that? Im sure we can afford him. He supposedly wanted to stay here for 13 years. Etc

Better hope there will be a salary cap of some sort by that time, otherwise it will be a crazy bidding war assuming trout is still this good or better, and I think 50mil per year is not out of the question given the resource dodgers and Yankees have. If nba had no salary cap, lebron will be a laker

Better hope there will be a salary cap of some sort by that time, otherwise it will be a crazy bidding war assuming trout is still this good or better, and I think 50mil per year is not out of the question given the resource dodgers and Yankees have. If nba had no salary cap, lebron will be a laker

no he wont

If he hit FA in 30 years and stayed the same age maybe. But theres no way the 30 or so hes going to get will balloon to 50 just because hes really good....hes not 20 a year better than the other guys who are superstars

no he wont

If he hit FA in 30 years and stayed the same age maybe. But theres no way the 30 or so hes going to get will balloon to 50 just because hes really good....hes not 20 a year better than the other guys who are superstars

Actually he is.

If he stays at his current pace of play, averaging about 10 WAR a season, and a win costs about 5 million in today's game....5x10=50 million per season.

And considering many big market teams are willing to overpay for marquee players, a contract with AAV of 50+ million is not out of the question, at all.

out of curiosity, whys that? Im sure we can afford him. He supposedly wanted to stay here for 13 years. Etc

It's not necessarily about money, I just feel like a team like the Yankees/Phillies will offer something similar to what we offered and he'll choose them over the Angels. Idk the allure of the big East coast teams has always seemed to be a factor to some guys and I think it will be the case here especially because that's where he's from

It's not necessarily about money, I just feel like a team like the Yankees/Phillies will offer something similar to what we offered and he'll choose them over the Angels. Idk the allure of the big East coast teams has always seemed to be a factor to some guys and I think it will be the case here especially because that's where he's from

I've always agreed with this which is why the Angels were smart to make him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Actually he is.

If he stays at his current pace of play, averaging about 10 WAR a season, and a win costs about 5 million in today's game....5x10=50 million per season.

And considering many big market teams are willing to overpay for marquee players, a contract with AAV of 50+ million is not out of the question, at all.

nobody really pays comtracts based on war dollars.

The contract will be based on what the person paying it believes they will profit from it.

I love trout. Hes not getting 50 a year. If you look at the recent big contracts to guys like pujols, mcab, fielder etc, they arent very much different than the ones arod and manny etc were signing a decade ago. And thats with inflation and media deals in place.

Trout is likely the first 300-350 player. Not 450-500

I know what youre saying, and a lot has been said about that (fueled by the media and jealous fans). Im sure other teams will offer huge deals, and it is a gamble.

But the allure of the east coast is highly overrated.....trouts VERY happy in newport beach....

I am curious. Is there any specific information that points to Trout love for the East Coast? Yes I know he grew up there but a lot people move to new places and loves it there. Why the hell do so many think Trout has a burning desire to go back east. And if he has that desire why the hell did he extend with the Angels?

I think it's going to depend on the relationships he builds in the Angels franchise, if he wins any rings here over the course of his contract, and if he sees the organization continuing to be successful in the future if he stays. Notice none of this has to do with how much he's looking to get paid.

Guys like Cano, Pujols, Cabrera, Rodriguez, all these guys had this mentality like they were deserved of a big paying contract and were going to go to whoever was willing to give it to them.

I don't know Trout of course, but he doesn't seem to have that same kind of "show me the money" mentality. Once you've made $150 million, and you know more is on its way, I really think it comes down to where he wants to play. It's going to be up to the Angels Organization to convince him that staying here is the best thing for him.

Remember when many said Trout would never sign an extension because the Angels wouldn't contend for at least another ten years?

I think it's going to depend on the relationships he builds in the Angels franchise, if he wins any rings here over the course of his contract, and if he sees the organization continuing to be successful in the future if he stays. Notice none of this has to do with how much he's looking to get paid.

Guys like Cano, Pujols, Cabrera, Rodriguez, all these guys had this mentality like they were deserved of a big paying contract and were going to go to whoever was willing to give it to them.

I don't know Trout of course, but he doesn't seem to have that same kind of "show me the money" mentality. Once you've made $150 million, and you know more is on its way, I really think it comes down to where he wants to play. It's going to be up to the Angels Organization to convince him that staying here is the best thing for him.

I agree with cali, it will depend on how he feels about the org. Thats one of the things the 'extend richards' post is interesting...richards and trout are super close. If richards does in fact continue to dominate and becomes our 'pitching face', I can see him sticking around a lot longer

It will depend on the team thiugh. If they are winning, that will make a huge difference

And dont be suprised if they lock him up prior to the extension running out...

nobody really pays comtracts based on war dollars.

The contract will be based on what the person paying it believes they will profit from it.

I love trout. Hes not getting 50 a year. If you look at the recent big contracts to guys like pujols, mcab, fielder etc, they arent very much different than the ones arod and manny etc were signing a decade ago. And thats with inflation and media deals in place.

Trout is likely the first 300-350 player. Not 450-500

that's not what you said.

you said trout isn't worth 50 million a year. I said, if a team is trying to buy wins, he is worth that much. That's how much baseball value he provides in to day's market.

obviously the angels got a huge discount on his extension. Who knows if he will be as generous when it comes time for the next one