• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Iannetta back to getting bulk of playing time

I see right through Scioscia. This is just classic Scioscia being passive aggressive. Iannetta is Dipoto's boy and in a lost season, Iannetta is being hung out to dry. Nobody else has noticed that every scrub pitcher Dipoto has picked up that Scioscia couldn't wait to use them in the first high leverage situation to arise?

post-199-0-21539300-1375914217_thumb.jpg

None were to the bag. All of them were about 4-5 feet off the ground. Players just did under the tag every time. The wild pitches that were easy blocks were more concerning because on Monday he failed to block a ball to that was pretty routine. Of course he can't get every block but he is missing a lot

Then the complaint by Scioscia about the speed of the pitchers to the plate is complete nonsense. If the throws aren't online, that's the problem. 

Then the complaint by Scioscia about the speed of the pitchers to the plate is complete nonsense. If the throws aren't online, that's the problem. 

Well, I didn't get to watch last night's game, so I don't know about those plays in particular, but almost this entire pitching staff has been pretty atrocious at holding runners this season. A lot of guys who are slow to the plate, some pretty eh pickoff moves, and a weird number of instances where there just seemed to be no real effort to keep a runner close.

That's not to absolve the catchers, but I think there's a fair bit of truth to idea that the stolen base problem can be traced back to the pitching staff at least in part.

Well, I didn't get to watch last night's game, so I don't know about those plays in particular, but almost this entire pitching staff has been pretty atrocious at holding runners this season. A lot of guys who are slow to the plate, some pretty eh pickoff moves, and a weird number of instances where there just seemed to be no real effort to keep a runner close.

That's not to absolve the catchers, but I think there's a fair bit of truth to idea that the stolen base problem can be traced back to the pitching staff at least in part.

Even with that you can't overlook that Conger is throwing out runners at more than double Ianetta's rate.

Even with that you can't overlook that Conger is throwing out runners at more than double Ianetta's rate.

Oh, and I'm not trying to. Conger has definitely been better defensively on the season as a whole.

My opinion on this is that Iannetta has struggled more than usual this season defensively(and he was never a great defensive catcher), but the pitching staff also isn't doing anyone any favors with the running game.

Iannetta is still #1 on the depth chart and management has committed to him monetarily.

I don't see anything changing this season unless he is traded.

No use bitching about it and blaming MS ... It is what is is for now.

I don't believe Dipoto would be to happy if Mike benches his acquisitions.

Let's see what really happened last night.

Top of the 1st:

Leonys Martin steals 2B. I'll blame Richards for this one. Ianetta's throw was right on the money.

T1 Leonys Martin Steals

Elvis Andrus steals 3B. We'll never know if Richards gave Ianetta enough time to gun out Andrus because Chrissy dropped the damn ball on the transfer to his throwing hand.

T1 Elvis Andrus Steals

Top of the 3rd:
Leonys Martin steals 2B again. The throw to second was high and up the line.

T3 Leonys Martin Steals

Top of the 8th:

Elvis Andrus steals 2B. The throw is low and up the line.

T8 Elvis Andrus Steals

The ball actually hit him in the armpit/chest. He should have a nice bruise today.

T8 Elvis Andrus Steals 2

Top of the 9th:

Craig Gentry steals 2B. Throw is way high and up the line. Aybar doesn't even attempt a tag.

T9 Craig Gentry Steals

Leonys Martin steals 2B for the third friggin time. The throw is high again and Martin slides into second base easily.

T9 Leonys Martin Steals

So out of 6 steals 1 was due to Richards delivery, 4 were due to bad throws by Ianetta, and 1 was due to Chris just straight dropping the ball.

Go sell crazy somewhere else Sosh. We're all stocked up here.

Even if it WAS the pitchers fault (which apparently is wasn't) Why is Scioscia calling out the players to the freakin media. That's pretty bush, to be throwin players under the bus. Why isn't he barking at his pitching coach, and calling HIM out to the reporters??

"Hank's going to get time," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. "Chris' defense is starting to play a lot more, and that's important. At the plate, he's been pretty consistent with what he's done. He's taken his walks, I think he's starting to feel a little more comfortable in the batter's box. But, I think on the defensive side, he's doing a good job."

His defense has been terrible! 

For somebody who used to catch in the majors, Scioscia sure has a twisted sense of good catching defense.

My theory is that we were getting too much offensive production out of the position, and that had to stop.

Did any of you stop to think that perhaps (and this may not be the case I'm just sayin'!) they are trying to "showcase" Iannetta for a possible trade?

I'm pretty sure the Angels think Conger is their main catcher moving forward but if another team or teams have shown interest in catching, Iannetta is a tradeable asset.

LMAO @ showcasing Ianetta. Anyone buying into that show would join a crowd of others with lanterns and pitchforks. Ianetta sucks ass, and that is the unvarnished truth.

Even if it WAS the pitchers fault (which apparently is wasn't) Why is Scioscia calling out the players to the freakin media. That's pretty bush, to be throwin players under the bus. Why isn't he barking at his pitching coach, and calling HIM out to the reporters??

Actually, it is about time. Better than his canned cliches. He has made excuses for them for too long, protected them from the media too often, and how do they respond? By playing worse. Most other managers would have roasted them long before now! In fact they would have been sent on a slow bus back to some backwater farm team in the system. Ianetta needs to be shipped away, to be sure, but this bullpen is downright awful.