• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Iannetta back to getting bulk of playing time

"Hank's going to get time," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. "Chris' defense is starting to play a lot more, and that's important. At the plate, he's been pretty consistent with what he's done. He's taken his walks, I think he's starting to feel a little more comfortable in the batter's box. But, I think on the defensive side, he's doing a good job."

His defense has been terrible! 

Iannetta can't even get close to throwing crucial runners out on a f'n pitch out.

Yet Conger needs to sit, watch, and learn.
Young players in this org must pray at bedtime to PLEASE get traded.

Now as I lay me down to sleep,

I pray to not wind up

On Scioscia's trash heap

If I can be traded before I awake
I'm hoping I go to the Redsox and rake.

Amen

(or the Rangers)

I have been hopeful that Conger might grab the job and run with it....but, despite the Scioscia bashing, I just don't think Conger is an every day big league catcher...he's not done enought to win the job or earn significant playing time in my mind....a good AB here, a decent defensive play there, but then he slips back and looks awful....we need to upgrade in the offseason, badly....and I don't have much faith that DiPoto will get that done....It would be nice to have Chatwood right now....

I didn't see the game, all the way out here in Michigan, but I can' imagine six stolen bases with different pitchers was all the fault of the pitchers. How were Iannetta's throws? Offline, close at all? What is his speed at getting his throw off?

I didn't see the game, all the way out here in Michigan, but I can' imagine six stolen bases with different pitchers was all the fault of the pitchers. How were Iannetta's throws? Offline, close at all? What is his speed at getting his throw off?

I don't know.  I stopped paying attention when he let the two balls get past him in the first inning.  

This year Conger has been much better at throwing out runners, is one of the best in MLB at framing pitches (per Fangraphs?), has fewer passed balls per innings caught, and above all else has a CERA (Sosh's hard-on stat) more than half a run better than Iannetta's, yet Sosh still sits him in favor of Iannetta.  What happened to 'defense first' for his catchers.

Scioscia has contradicted himself one too many times when it comes to the catching position.  I take anything he says about catching with a grain of salt these days.

Did any of you stop to think that perhaps (and this may not be the case I'm just sayin'!) they are trying to "showcase" Iannetta for a possible trade?

I'm pretty sure the Angels think Conger is their main catcher moving forward but if another team or teams have shown interest in catching, Iannetta is a tradeable asset.

I have been hopeful that Conger might grab the job and run with it....but, despite the Scioscia bashing, I just don't think Conger is an every day big league catcher...he's not done enought to win the job or earn significant playing time in my mind....a good AB here, a decent defensive play there, but then he slips back and looks awful....we need to upgrade in the offseason, badly....and I don't have much faith that DiPoto will get that done....It would be nice to have Chatwood right now....

This is why we need a veteran mentor for a 2nd catcher.   Trade Iannetta and give Conger 100-110 starts in 2014, and see what happens by having a real mentor and not Iannetta here.

I hope this is showcasing Iannetta for a trade later on this month, or in the off-season.

How were Iannetta's throws? Offline, close at all? What is his speed at getting his throw off?

None were to the bag. All of them were about 4-5 feet off the ground. Players just did under the tag every time. The wild pitches that were easy blocks were more concerning because on Monday he failed to block a ball to that was pretty routine. Of course he can't get every block but he is missing a lot

This is why we need a veteran mentor for a 2nd catcher.   Trade Iannetta and give Conger 100-110 starts in 2014, and see what happens by having a real mentor and not Iannetta here.

I hope this is showcasing Iannetta for a trade later on this month, or in the off-season.

It wouldn't suprise me either, AO, if they had Hank also DH on some of the days he's not catching. His bat has value.

I have been hopeful that Conger might grab the job and run with it....but, despite the Scioscia bashing, I just don't think Conger is an every day big league catcher...he's not done enought to win the job or earn significant playing time in my mind....a good AB here, a decent defensive play there, but then he slips back and looks awful....we need to upgrade in the offseason, badly....and I don't have much faith that DiPoto will get that done....It would be nice to have Chatwood right now....

He certainly has played well enough to not lose ground to iannetta which is what is happening

Did any of you stop to think that perhaps (and this may not be the case I'm just sayin'!) they are trying to "showcase" Iannetta for a possible trade?

I'm pretty sure the Angels think Conger is their main catcher moving forward but if another team or teams have shown interest in catching, Iannetta is a tradeable asset.

Building up his catcher by throwing his pitching staff under the bus in order to increase his trade value? I'm sorry but there is no f'n way that is possible. Not even Scioscia is that dumb.

I see right through Scioscia. This is just classic Scioscia being passive aggressive. Iannetta is Dipoto's boy and in a lost season, Iannetta is being hung out to dry. Nobody else has noticed that every scrub pitcher Dipoto has picked up that Scioscia couldn't wait to use them in the first high leverage situation to arise?