• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rand Paul's epic filibuster

I'm sorry, maybe this is just the military man in me speaking, but terrorists don't have rights. Domestic or foreign. When you start killing people and everybody knows it was you (Chris Dorner comes to mind), why put more peoples lives at risk? What about their right to LIVE? **** that, drone strike the asshole. That being said, a whole lot of guidelines would need to be put in place to not have ANY collateral damage. If there's ANY chance you're going to hurt an innocent person in the process you call it off. That simple.

I guess I'm the minority here.

I think the procedures put in place are called due process.

It's an incredibly dangerous decision to make to just start eliminating people with some kind of star chamber mentality

I think the procedures put in place are called due process.

It's an incredibly dangerous decision to make to just start eliminating people with some kind of star chamber mentality

Terrorists lose their rights. If they're domestic terrorists, not only should they lose their rights as American Citizens, but their basic Human Rights as well.

Rights cannot be "afforded".

If they were then they would be called privileges. Try to learn the difference.

Rights exist independent of any government or constitution. The Bill of Rights did not grant any Rights, it simply enumerated them.

We aren't subjects that need a higher power to "give" us rights. We are sovereign. We give some privileges to the government but they have no rights.

The Declaration of Independence speaks to these issues directly:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,"

Due process of law is a natural right and has been enumerated and protected by governments much older than ours.

loI I'm quite familiar with the difference.

the right of due process is not specific to citizens. Thanks for the condescending reply though.

I like when people who are essentially in favor of the same concept argue with each other. It makes places like Ireland a blast to visit.

• 2 weeks later...