• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Internet radio experts...

I'm looking for a high-quality indie rock channel. By high-quality I'm referring primarily to the quality of the stream, but also the content. For example, listen to the KROQ2 channel on tunein.com. For me that's a really good internet channel.

I'm sure many of you listen to internet radio, so please give me your suggestions.

Thx.

I mostly just listen to KROQ and KROQ2 online but I have found in order to get a higher quality audio stream you usually have to pay for the service like Pandora.

Don't have any suggestions on a channel but would be interested if anyone has any good true metal/hard rock streaming radio stations they like.

kexp.org

you can thank me later

They have live stream, archive of their shows (they have some great blues, roots, and americana shows on during the week), and lots of live performance

wxpn.org

and 

kcrw.org

have great streams as well

I thank you right now

When I'm looking for internet radio, I usually bounce around Shoutcast in my Winamp app. There are some high quality streams there. There are a lot of low quality ones, however, I'm usually exposed to some music that I would never have heard otherwise there and it's gotten me into some really cool bands.

Since I don't know much about Internet radio stations, do these websites have apps that I can listen to on my smart phone since I'm usually not on my computer on the weekends.

Ah yes, wwoz from New Orleans is also another great radio station! I knew I was forgetting one.

Yes. I know kexp and kcrw both do have apps, I'm sure wxpn does as well. You can also use TuneIn (if you by TuneIn pro for 99 cents you can actually record what you are listening to). I normally use TuneIn because I have them all setup as favorites and can just bounce between stations.  Or, because those are all public radio stations you an use the NPR Music App, which is pretty cool in its own right. It has a boatload of live recordings, the All Songs Consider show is usually pretty cool, and you can find all public radio stations for live streaming.

Ah yes, wwoz from New Orleans is also another great radio station! I knew I was forgetting one.

Yes. I know kexp and kcrw both do have apps, I'm sure wxpn does as well. You can also use TuneIn (if you by TuneIn pro for 99 cents you can actually record what you are listening to). I normally use TuneIn because I have them all setup as favorites and can just bounce between stations.  Or, because those are all public radio stations you an use the NPR Music App, which is pretty cool in its own right. It has a boatload of live recordings, the All Songs Consider show is usually pretty cool, and you can find all public radio stations for live streaming.

You and I were probably separated at birth.

The kexp was a little too dreamy/sleepy for me.

One station I found:  KWSS 93.9 Scottsdale is a little more in line with my taste.

I haven't streamed it into my home audio system yet which is the true test.

When I'm looking for internet radio, I usually bounce around Shoutcast in my Winamp app. There are some high quality streams there. There are a lot of low quality ones, however, I'm usually exposed to some music that I would never have heard otherwise there and it's gotten me into some really cool bands.

winamp!

man that brings back memories of hacking on their plugins and skins.

RIP to them, they got destroyed by bad business decisions after being bought out by AOL.

I've mentioned Radio Nova before.  It's a French station.  I heard NWA, the Streets, the Roots and some random frenchy stuff in one sitting.  Not everyone's cuppa tea, but when it gets in a groove, it's hard to beat.  Caution:  around 9 or 10am PST, they have an interview block thrown in with some tunes that can pop you out of your groove.  They're chatting up a storm right now in fact.  But for late night listening with a candle, it's hard to beat.

http://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Nova-1015-s17696/

I've mentioned Radio Nova before.  It's a French station.  I heard NWA, the Streets, the Roots and some random frenchy stuff in one sitting.  Not everyone's cuppa tea, but when it gets in a groove, it's hard to beat.  Caution:  around 9 or 10am PST, they have an interview block thrown in with some tunes that can pop you out of your groove.  They're chatting up a storm right now in fact.  But for late night listening with a candle, it's hard to beat.

http://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Nova-1015-s17696/

Not bad.  Here's another one that's "hi fidelity" (up to 20 kHz, comparable to the KROQ2 stream in terms of sound quality).

http://www.98online.com/listenlive/wiyyfm3.html