• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ippei fired by Dodgers after being accused of theft by Ohtani’s attorney’s

"I want everyone to know Shohei had zero involvement in betting. I want people to know I did not know this was illegal. I learned my lesson the hard way. I will never do sports betting ever again."

Yeah sure Ippei, rack up at least $4.5 million in losses and that's the point where you learn your lesson

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

So it sounds like Ohtani's name got caught up in a gambling investigation that the LA Times learned about. They reached out to Ohtani's team for a response, and they threw Ippei under the bus...

33 minutes ago, cals said:

$100 says it's Ohtani and they're throwing Ippei under the bus as a scapegoat. 

When will you people start listening to me?

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

So it sounds like Ohtani's name got caught up in a gambling investigation that the LA Times learned about. They reached out to Ohtani's team for a response, and they threw Ippei under the bus...

Ippei changed his story.... First he said Ohtani wired the money to cover the debt and then when Ohtani's team denied that, he retracted his statement.  Sketchy.

This is really part of a much bigger issue. Gambling has taken over so much of sports. But it's become normalized because of how over saturated it has become. And the willingness of sports institutions to grovel for money. 

In world soccer it's been ongoing for decades. Now North American sports are the latest to be inundated and controlled in subtle ways.

Stadiums named for gambling concerns. Unending advertising and sponsorship in all media and directly connected to certainly teams in various ways. Some of the biggest icons in all sports shilling for specific operations. Montana, Gretzky, and so many more.

Normalizing it seeps into the mindset of youngsters and the naive. 

Whatever happened here, you can be sure Ohtani will be protected. He's the icon of the sport and the biggest draw. 

There is no Judge Landis entrusted with fighting gambling concerns. And there is no Shoeless Joe Jackson and his under paid simple minded team mates. 

Even assuming the likelihood that Ohtani is not involved, it opens up lots of questions into his private life. Which his handlers and scores of lawyers and PR people will vigorously protect. 

Even if it's all on Ippei and he turns out to be guilty of various crimes it pulls back the curtain a little on the behind the scenes ways that gambling has infiltrated into even the world of the most private athlete. 

And no doubt the Dodger organization will try to shift any peripheral responsibility to the Angels.