• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ippei fired by Dodgers after being accused of theft by Ohtani’s attorney’s

I find it very hard to beleive that someone does not see this kind of money either not make it to his account or comes up missing but hay maybe I guess but If I were Sho I would also fire Nez his agent who let Ippie have so much control and him to just go along with it why didnt he pull Sho aside and be like look dude something smells like fish here and it isnt the sushi. Your money is being hidden from the people I hired to protect you and your money whats up. Where was that convesation.

Ippei gambling on cards.  

Turns out Ohtanis interpreter, Ippei Mizuhara wasn’t just a terrible gambler, he was also investing in “The Hobby”.

From January 2024 to March 2024, Mizuhara also allegedly PURCHASED approximately 1,000 BASEBALL CARDS - at a cost of approximately $325,000! 

All while using Ohtanis’ account to purchase the cards via eBay and Whatnot. Then having the cards mailed under an alias, "Jay Min," and sent directly to the Dodgers clubhouse.

Seems Ippei had a constant cash flow coming in for other purposes despite his constant gambling. 

I wonder what his relationship was with the different vendors of the collectible merchandise? Auctions have to be paid for before the merchandise is delivered. Did he buy from a select few or spread the money around? Did any of them know who he was and get suspicious because of his connection to Ohtani. If any of them knew rumors could have been spread. Even for bragging rights amongst sellers. 

Sports collectibles aren't a sure thing investment wise. Putting it mildly. I know people who went all in on guys who had great rookie seasons but flamed out early. And they were stuck with things of little value in short time.  But iconic players usually appreciate in value over time. And Ohtani certainly already has established himself as a historic figure. 

13 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

I'm waiting for the jail time or lack thereof for Ippei.  

I'm waiting for Ohtani to press charges on e-pay for stealing 18% of his personal income if this bank account was created in 2018. For his Major League Salary (2018-2024 via Spotrac) totaling 545k, 650k, 259k, 3M, 5.5M, 30M, 2M = 41,954,259M since the account was created. And 15-18% equalling 16M was removed. 

1. Ohtani personal banking account NOT a sponship or endorsement account. Meaning accountants would had known! 

2. Does Ohtani do his own taxes on his salary personal account?

3. Ohtani never got a receipt at an ATM or looked at his personal salary account in 5 years. The last 3 that 16M was missing?

4. Ohtani hasn't beat him up, or pressed personal charges on stealing from his personal account?

4b. Just the Feds are doing it on the Bookie and Gambling...

5. Ohtani doesn't want his 16M back????

6. The Bank says all protocols were followed for each transaction. So, they aren't insuring the 16M...

7. So, if the Feds aren't getting his $$ back and there is no theft charges or restitution....Ohtani is good with losing $16M...

8. IF Ohtani is good with losing 16M$$$ why was E-pay FIRED???? To Ohtani  meaning ***NO CRIME WAS COMMITTED!***

9. With the Feds ohtani cooperated to clear his NAME for Gambling ***NOT*** Getting his 16M back!

10. Even in a Civil Case similar to Ron Goldmann never seeing OJ's 33M from OJ... The 325K in baseball cards show something that could be sold for restitution and have a value! Even if E-pay is broke!

This doesnt pass the smell test...COME ON !!!!

4 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

treating this guy like he murdered 6 people with his own hands

That's a Federal probe.... I want to see when the Civil case for restitution is filed by Ohtani...

IF he wants any portion of his 16M back!... No Civil = No Crime Committed or Restitution requirement back to Ohtani.

MLB and the Dodgers are desperate to protect Ohtani's stature into the future. I have a feeling that they aren't passively sitting back. I would guess that they are proactive protecting his image and in spinning the story with damage control the top priority. 

How they interface with the legal, financial and investigative institutions would be interesting to know. 

At the least, even if totally innocent Ohtani does have his image damaged. Who could believe that he has such a cavalier detached approach to his elementary banking data? It's not bonds, securities, or other investments that are the issues. Just money regularly being drained over an extended period. 

Forty Niners QB of the nineties Steve Young just threw his cheques into a drawer without cashing them according to his room mate Harris Barton and others. It was treated as a joke by all concerned, showing that Young didn't need the money immediately and was only focussed on football. There were no ramifications or problems. But even that is still a far cry from having discreet large sums regularly disappearing over time. Young was a very smart guy and I doubt he would have been oblivious the way Ohtani is being portrayed. 

No matter how innocent Ohtani may be he still comes of as anything but a role model. 

2 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

10. Even in a Civil Case similar to Ron Goldmann never seeing OJ's 33M from OJ... The 325K in baseball cards show something that could be sold for restitution and have a value! Even if E-pay is broke!

Sadly, Ron Goldman was not going to be able to collect regardless.

1 hour ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

That's a Federal probe.... I want to see when the Civil case for restitution is filed by Ohtani...

IF he wants any portion of his 16M back!... No Civil = No Crime Committed or Restitution requirement back to Ohtani.

There is a lot of things we don't know yet.  Maybe the federal probe already said that they will work on getting whatever back that they can, which the feds usually do in cases of Fraud?  And it's not like Ippei is a rich guy where you have any chance of getting any of it back in future salary.  In any case, maybe Ohtani still wouldn't want to file a civil case.  Hopefully his advisors are finally advising him.  Right now, he is a victim of massive fraud.  If you file the civil case, a lot of details will come out, and in a civil trial, Ohtani may have to take the stand saying how he knew nothing.  Image wise, is it better to go to court and take the stand and come out and say you are and idoit and too trusting and naive, or better off letting the feds do their thing, and just be known that you were a victim.  I'd say, image wise, right now, with the fed clearing him, he's probably in the best marketing situation.  Dragging it on for Ohtani, probably is not in his best interest.  Because you never know what kind of skeleton gets dragged out.

6 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

No matter how innocent Ohtani may be he still comes of as anything but a role model. 

He will forever be known as the "betting guy" now. Even if he didn't do it. Just like how Arod was always associated with PEDS. Probably won't get the Arod treatment (getting fastballs to the head) but it this still looks pretty bad, and may have soured some people. The thing is with these sorts of things, more info tends to come out throughout the discovery phase and the trial phase. And whenever it involves a celeb, there is info that comes out that makes both sides look bad. This is long from over for Ohtani, and will be interesting to see if he falls off or not. 

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

You think Ippei will attend the next AW poker tourney?

If he does, watch your wallets, boys.

One thing that likely contributed heavily to this was the language barrier. Ippei speaks English and Ohtani doesn't - at least not a lot. This explains Ippei's access to Ohtani's bank account, since he almost certainly helped him set it up. He was also able to prohibit access to bank data by accountants, who would have caught what was going on pretty quickly.

49 minutes ago, angelsfan100 said:

He will forever be known as the "betting guy" now. Even if he didn't do it. Just like how Arod was always associated with PEDS. Probably won't get the Arod treatment (getting fastballs to the head) but it this still looks pretty bad, and may have soured some people. The thing is with these sorts of things, more info tends to come out throughout the discovery phase and the trial phase. And whenever it involves a celeb, there is info that comes out that makes both sides look bad. This is long from over for Ohtani, and will be interesting to see if he falls off or not. 

Kobe

Here's how investigators allege Ippei Mizuhara stole $16 million from Shohei Ohtani

https://www.yahoo.com/news/heres-investigators-allege-ippei-mizuhara-210049419.html

Seymour writes that the first unauthorized transfer from the account appears on Nov. 15, 2021 “for $40,010 to Xoom.com, a PayPal service.” He says that debit transaction aligns with the timing of text messages between Mizuhara and a bookmaker discussing that amount.

Mizuhara later falsely identified himself as Ohtani in phone communications with the bank, managing to lift an online banking suspension on the account and begin verifying wire transfers with his own phone.

33 minutes ago, Jay said:

Here's how investigators allege Ippei Mizuhara stole $16 million from Shohei Ohtani

https://www.yahoo.com/news/heres-investigators-allege-ippei-mizuhara-210049419.html

Seymour writes that the first unauthorized transfer from the account appears on Nov. 15, 2021 “for $40,010 to Xoom.com, a PayPal service.” He says that debit transaction aligns with the timing of text messages between Mizuhara and a bookmaker discussing that amount.

Mizuhara later falsely identified himself as Ohtani in phone communications with the bank, managing to lift an online banking suspension on the account and begin verifying wire transfers with his own phone.

White bankers think all Asian guys sound the same.