• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ippei fired by Dodgers after being accused of theft by Ohtani’s attorney’s

Whether or not Ohtani did anything questionable, there is 1 Certainty in my opinion.

NOTHING will ever happen to him.  There will be NO Consequences whatsoever.  If there was something going on, the public will NEVER know the truth.

Bottom line, there is Zero chance that this ends with so much as a suspension for Ohtani, let alone a Pete Rose type expulsion from the game.  The league is not going to punish their new $700 Million man, even if he was placing bets against his own club.

At the very least, the public won't hear another word from that interpreter  At worst, his days on this earth are numbered.

I had a random thought about all of this...

A lot of foreign players have or have had interpreters.  I don't anyone other interpreter other than Ippei who was in the public eye so much.  I have no idea what Matsui's or Ichiro's or Shiggy's interpreter looked like.  It just sort of struck me how glued to the hip Ippei and Ohtani were, but that doesn't seem to be the case with others.

19 hours ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

Whether or not Ohtani did anything questionable, there is 1 Certainty in my opinion.

NOTHING will ever happen to him.  There will be NO Consequences whatsoever.  If there was something going on, the public will NEVER know the truth.

Bottom line, there is Zero chance that this ends with so much as a suspension for Ohtani, let alone a Pete Rose type expulsion from the game.  The league is not going to punish their new $700 Million man, even if he was placing bets against his own club.

At the very least, the public won't hear another word from that interpreter  At worst, his days on this earth are numbered.

That's assuming a lot, namely that the Feds will look the other way at what appears to be Ohtani changing his story once finding out the seriousness of admitting to making the wire transfers.  Before saying that Ippei stole the money there were reports saying that Shohei admitted to paying the debts to an illegal bookie with wire transfers.  Federal crime right there, if indeed true.  Should the Feds pursue that, MLB will not just allow him to keep playing while a federal charge is hanging over his head.  

On 3/29/2024 at 6:07 PM, Junkballer said:

That's assuming a lot, namely that the Feds will look the other way at what appears to be Ohtani changing his story once finding out the seriousness of admitting to making the wire transfers.  Before saying that Ippei stole the money there were reports saying that Shohei admitted to paying the debts to an illegal bookie with wire transfers.  Federal crime right there, if indeed true.  Should the Feds pursue that, MLB will not just allow him to keep playing while a federal charge is hanging over his head.  

The Feds look the other way plenty of times, especially when someone prominent is involved.  I'm sure a little illegal gambling is low on their list of crimes to investigate.  MLB is powerful enough to make them look the other way, even if they were interested in pursuing something.

39 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

At least Ohtani's accountant can claim the 4.5 mil as gambling losses.

That would be offset by any winnings and every illegal transaction is a separate charge. Could get ugly. 

On 3/29/2024 at 4:32 PM, T.G. said:

I had a random thought about all of this...

A lot of foreign players have or have had interpreters.  I don't anyone other interpreter other than Ippei who was in the public eye so much.  I have no idea what Matsui's or Ichiro's or Shiggy's interpreter looked like.  It just sort of struck me how glued to the hip Ippei and Ohtani were, but that doesn't seem to be the case with others.

Contrary to popular thought, most of the Japanese players can understand Engrish very well.  The problem the Japanese players have is with media.  I think it started with Ichiro, where he said something in English to a reporter, the reporter reported a total tangent on what he said.  And from that point on, the Japanese players all use interpreters when speaking to the media, because they don't want their words misconstrued.  But yeah, that Ippei has been all in there in every aspect has been strange.  that he just showed up really out of nowhere, and didn't use say Matsui or Shige's interpreter on the Angels.  

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Contrary to popular thought, most of the Japanese players can understand Engrish very well.  The problem the Japanese players have is with media.  I think it started with Ichiro, where he said something in English to a reporter, the reporter reported a total tangent on what he said.  And from that point on, the Japanese players all use interpreters when speaking to the media, because they don't want their words misconstrued.  But yeah, that Ippei has been all in there in every aspect has been strange.  that he just showed up really out of nowhere, and didn't use say Matsui or Shige's interpreter on the Angels.  

I live in a house full of Tagalog talkers and work with Arabic speakers. I  understand a good bit of what they say but when I speak their language they don't understand me. I absolutely can see why they would have an interpreter to speak for them in the unfamiliar languages