• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The love for the BlowSux by ESPN

I really don't understand this thread. Orel said many times that the Angels outplayed the Red Sox throughout the course of the broadcast. You have a former Dodger, former Philly and a Canadian play by play guy up there. While ESPN in general has a bias, I certianly didn't hear it in this game, especially as the game went along and went the way it did. There was one Rangers vs Tigers Sunday night game where they hardly talked about the Rangers....I didn't hear that tonight. They called out Shuck and Trumbo on crappy defense, they gushed over Trout, talked about Albert's injuries and how he should be DLed, they were even praising Hamilton. They said Howie Kendrick should be an all star.

Somebody mentioned they they showed Pedroia's hot zone...they showed Hamilton's as well. That was when he had a called 3r dstrike despite it being out of the zone....did you complainers even watch the whole broadcast?

I think the difference is I think Victor and Mark are TOTAL ANGEL HOMERS, and if you interpret what they do as 'normal' for a broadcast, I can see why a national broadcast would be frustrating to you.

I saw this coverage as you did.  Early on it was RED SOX this and RS that; but as the game progressed it seemed the pendulum swung the other way....

The Red Sox do have the best record in the AL... in addition to having a large fan base that includes many annoying if not obnoxious SoCal natives that show up when they play in Anaheim.  

Two people sitting next to me last night we wearing no gear, but started cheering when the Red Sox hit foul balls, so I assumed they were Red Sox fans.   Then, they cheered when Kendrick hit a home run. I was confused.  Maybe I had misjudged them.  They later made it more clear they were Red Sox fans, but it was a bizarre experience.

What...did one of them throw up on you?

I'll admit, I was a little surprised at the commentary (or lack thereof) by the announcers during Trout's home run.  If you didn't see the ball go out, you'd think he just hit a routine fly ball to RF.  After he hit it out, complete silence until he was all the way at the end of the dugout.  Now, had that been Pedroia....

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=28707325&c_id=mlb