• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (3/11/24): Rangers @ Angels: Sandoval starting

Willie Calhoun is not a professional player. If you can't get yourself in better shape than he is in. You are not a pro or you better hit 40 bombs a year. Can't understand why this guy is at ST.

Jo Adel still sucks and very tentative in the outfield. On that pop up in foul territory he wanted nothing to do with it. 

Sandoval needs to get better, quickly. 

40 pitches in 2 innings.... The whole reason for SPT is working on stuff like pounding the strike zone...Getting ahead in the count... Throwing strike one and then working on setting up hitters...Pitching to your shift... working on turning over your change up to a right handed hitter ahead in the count..

Sandavol is in mid season form on track for  3 2/3 to a 4 2/3 inning outing!

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I missed the first two innings.  From looking at the box score, it looks like Sandoval is struggling.  Is he just doing his inconsistent thing today, losing command, etc.?

5 base runners through 2 1/3 with 3 walks. 

just being the Patrick Sandoval we all know and hate. Doesn’t trust his stuff and nibbles around the corner, over thinks every pitch, and tries to be too fine. Thats why I made the CJ Wilson joke earlier in the thread. 

11 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Adell's defense sure doesn't seem all that much better than when he first came up.

I see some improvement.. A few issues on that play... Sun field. Lack of Outfield shift to a right handed hitter vs a lefty he was shifted towards shallow left-center like it was a slappy lefty and he drifted like a MF'er... Get to the Damn spot Maaaaan!

That's why I've been saying they needed to flip him all winter. We've extracted the best we as an org can get out of him, and I worry he's about to become even more ineffective or injured. Cash him in to add another young bat to the core and should've signed another SP earlier in the winter to step into his place. I just don't see him having the durability or consistency to make it as a MLB SP, sort of like Hector Santiago. He may be good for 20 GS/120 IP, or good for a few innings before crumbling, but I can't see him being a consistent SP on the reg.

7 minutes ago, totdprods said:

That's why I've been saying they needed to flip him all winter. We've extracted the best we as an org can get out of him, and I worry he's about to become even more ineffective or injured. Cash him in to add another young bat to the core and should've signed another SP earlier in the winter to step into his place. I just don't see him having the durability or consistency to make it as a MLB SP, sort of like Hector Santiago. He may be good for 20 GS/120 IP, or good for a few innings before crumbling, but I can't see him being a consistent SP on the reg.

That's actually quite good. 

I knew you didn't like him. What I don't get is if fans on AW see these "issues" then why wouldn't another GM? If he's not worth keeping for a team that has no pitching depth, then what exactly are we going to get in a trade for him?

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

I knew you didn't like him. What I don't get is if fans on AW see these "issues" then why wouldn't another GM? If he's not worth keeping for a team that has no pitching depth, then what exactly are we going to get in a trade for him?

All other GMs are dumb and don't actually look at stats or tape.