• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Nolan Schanuel hits first homer of the spring as Angels defeat Guardians

THE GAME: Nolan Schanuel and Jake Marisnick homered in the Angels’ 5-4 victory over the Cleveland Guardians on Saturday afternoon in Goodyear, Ariz.

PITCHING REPORT: Left-hander Tyler Anderson worked 3 1/3 scoreless innings. He gave up four hits and no walks while throwing 40 strikes among his 55 pitches. “He was outstanding,” Angels manager Ron Washington said. “He pounded the zone with everything. He even broke out his slider. He was in attack mode. He got it done.”… Right-hander José Cisnero followed Anderson and retired both hitters he faced. Cisnero, who arrived in camp late because of a visa issue, has not allowed a run in 2 2/3 innings this spring… Left-hander José Suarez worked 2 2/3 scoreless innings, striking out three and walking none. Suarez, who seems to be ticketed for a long relief spot, has not allowed a run in 4 2/3 innings this spring, with five strikeouts and no walks… Right-hander Caden Dana, the Angels’ top pitching prospect, gave up four runs on four hits and a walk in two innings. All of the runs were in his first inning, and then he responded with a clean second, finishing the game. Dana had not allowed a run in his first four innings.

HITTING REPORT: Nolan Schanuel hit his first homer of the spring, a towering blast that easily cleared the fence in right field. “I’ve been waiting,” Schanuel said. “I’ve been training all offseason to kind of unlock that power and came in to spring just trying to pick and choose when to do it. Don’t want to overdo myself trying to do it every at-bat when it’s not necessary, when my job is to get on base with the guys behind me. To be able to kind feel one go out like that was awesome.”… Jake Marisnick hit a two-run homer, his second of the spring, among his three hits. Marisnick is 9 for 22 (.409) this spring. The Angels must decide by Mar. 24 – five days before opening day – if they want to have Marisnick in the majors, otherwise he can become a free agent… Matt Thaiss drew two walks and stole his first base of the spring. Thaiss then scored on a Marisnick single…… Mike Trout was hitless in three trips to the plate, with a walk.

DEFENSE REPORT: Third baseman Luis Rengifo misplayed a ground ball, but shortstop Zach Neto was backing him up and fielded the ball. Neto then threw to Rengifo to retire the runner, who was trying to go from first base… Neto made a bad throw after stepping on second to start what should have been a routine double play… Second baseman Kyren Paris made a nice play on a ball in the hole, recording the final out of the eighth inning and preserving a one-run lead.

UP NEXT: Angels (RHP Chase Silseth) vs. Padres (RHP Jhony Brito), 1:10 p.m. PT Sunday, at Tempe Diablo Stadium, Bally Sports West, 830 AM.

View the full article