• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Baseball stats

Tank

On 2/20/2024 at 12:03 PM, Tank said:

saw this question posed on twitter by someone i follow, and thought it might be interesting to ask here . . .

Which MLB stat do you think is useless?

I would say none, but a lot of stats related to middle relievers are kinda lame.

I actually like pitcher Wins, not explicitly as a descriptor of talent, but as a decent accounting measure.  W/L are handed out at the point where the two teams diverge with everything before and everything after being equal or lopsided in the same direction.

6 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I'm still a fan of BA, but realize other STATs maybe more relevant..

BA isn't useless, it's just one of those stats that those other stats you speak of expose as being overrated or somewhat "empty."

59 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

BA isn't useless, it's just one of those stats that those other stats you speak of expose as being overrated or somewhat "empty."

It’s incomplete as a stat.