• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Jose Cisnero (1 year, $1.75 million) - DFA Soto

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It's a fair point and I havent examined the roster closely enough to make the call. I would say Rosenberg, Warren and Herget are no big loss, but all three are likely to contribute more in 2024 than Soto. That said I still see Soto as a prospect who is not fully formed yet and still has upside at a position of need. 

Yeah I mean they didn't have to go with him, but he's at the top of the cutlist just because his upside is a fringe roster player like the other players I mentioned and guys like Plesac, and pretty much everyone else has more big league experience, so it makes sense to me (and evidently Perry)

22 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Why so many additions to BP looks like Angels are going old school. Halos going to a 4 man rotation with 9 in BP. Strange signing makes zero sense.

The halos will need a bull pen game once a week, just to keep all those arms somewhat limber.

New strategery......corner the market on relievers to dominate the the final 9 outs.

Feel like we almost have to acquire some SS depth before Opening Day. Not saying anyone substantial, could even be a decent vet on a ST invite (Nick Ahmed?) but not sure our SS depth is in a good place, especially defensively.

On 2/4/2024 at 5:24 PM, tdawg87 said:

Yeah I'm not sure why we haven't signed Urshela. You'd think he could be had on a relatively cheap deal.

Then again no one else has signed him so maybe there's health concerns.

I actually thought Urshela was really playing well before his injury. Maybe we could pull an Eppler, sign him, and immediately put him on the IL.