• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels trade Trey Cabbage to the Astros for Carlos Espinosa

7 minutes ago, totdprods said:

good little pickup, even if only org depth. nice numbers.

What kind of numbers?  I didn't see him in baseball-reference.com

The thing about relievers, and pitching prospects in general, is that they're so inconsistent, that you just go with "stuff" and forget the numbers. 

Espinosa throws mid to upper 90's. He's a lotto ticket. I don't really agree with DFAing Cabbage, but if you're going to trade him, yeah, Espinosa is what you target. 

18 minutes ago, totdprods said:

You know, we've done pretty well taking somewhat under-the-radar guys from the Astros...Sandoval and Stassi worked out. 

A 6'2" righty who throws mid-90's with a workable slider, change, and big strikeout numbers is certainly worth checking in on.

would have preferred Jose Arugala or Steven Iceburg to this guy. We lost cabbage!

The Astros are usually pretty shrewd. They have the patience to see if they can work with Cabbage to correct his flaws. A long shot for them but with potential upside. 

Angels seem to have helped the bullpen if Espinoza can be consistent with his control and maintain his heat. The new pitching coach has more work to do. But another low key tweak by Perry.

7 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

The Astros are usually pretty shrewd. They have the patience to see if they can work with Cabbage to correct his flaws. A long shot for them but with potential upside. 

Angels seem to have helped the bullpen if Espinoza can be consistent with his control and maintain his heat. The new pitching coach has more work to do. But another low key tweak by Perry.

He's a 22-year-old kid with 11 games in low-A, so I don't think he's going to be making any kind of impact any time soon.  He's a total wild card.  But like @Second Base said earlier, he's exactly the type of guy you target when you're trying to clear 40-man space.

5 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

Personally I don’t think the Astros view Cabbage as anything more than 4A/fringe 40-man depth. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was DFA’ed before Opening Day.