• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

I see it as the exact opposite. When you consider the s ops of what Minasian has done this off season the only logical conclusion is they’ll add starting pitching. 

If that is your conclusion, then why hasn't he done that? There is plenty of surplus budget and every day he waits means both the player targeted would sign elsewhere and wouldn't be ready to play to start the season.

Logic says he isn't in the market because he isn't.  

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

If that is your conclusion, then why hasn't he done that? There is plenty of surplus budget and every day he waits means both the player targeted would sign elsewhere and wouldn't be ready to play to start the season.

He hasn't signed with any of the 30 GM's. Guess he's just not gonna pitch.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

By your logic no team will sign him then? 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Because he wants Snell or Montgomery. 

Since Arte doesn't really do the opt out thing, I don't see us signing any one of the remaining top guys.  They're all likely in short term, high aav, opt out contract territory this late in the game.  

Usually Boras gets a couple teams to bite on something close to what would be considered near his target comp for these guys.  

Surprising it's been complete crickets.  

While I don't disagree that it's ultimately on the player to make a decision, the fact that they're all still out there except bellinger tells me that he misjudged the market.  

1 or 2 guys still left?  fine.  But I think a decent chunk of this one is on the agent.  

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

It's more likely that Snell and Montgomery not signing prevents Clevinger, Lorenzen, and the scraps like Cueto from signing because there aren't suitors (that missed out on the big 2) and the price hasn't been set. 

9 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

Since Arte doesn't really do the opt out thing, I don't see us signing any one of the remaining top guys.  They're all likely in short term, high aav, opt out contract territory this late in the game.  

Usually Boras gets a couple teams to bite on something close to what would be considered near his target comp for these guys.  

Surprising it's been complete crickets.  

While I don't disagree that it's ultimately on the player to make a decision, the fact that they're all still out there except bellinger tells me that he misjudged the market.  

1 or 2 guys still left?  fine.  But I think a decent chunk of this one is on the agent.  

Love seeing the owners staying firm with him for a change.

Getting nervous yet, Boras and Boras Four?

Edited by Angel Oracle