• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

6 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I do not think Angels will be signing a DH. Looks like Perry is not going to spend a lot on position players.

I almost feel compelled to post something after your broken record posts, just to save the next thread viewer from the painful, disappointing gut punch letdown of seeing your comment as the most recent addition to a discussion.

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I almost feel compelled to post something after your broken record posts, just to save the next thread viewer from the painful, disappointing gut punch letdown of seeing your comment as the most recent addition to a discussion.

I do believe signing Turner takes Toronto out of signing Votto. 

We can possibly thank the Doyyers for Snell and Montgomery apparently asking for the moon, and thus taking forever to sign.

It’s not so much Ohtani, although $700 million is ridiculous.

But for them to give someone (Yamamoto) a $325 million contract, who has never pitched in MLB, that is plain insanity.

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

although $700 million is ridiculous.

Not picking at YOU personally but I find it a bit “off” for fans to keep citing the $700m future payment obligation in any context that views it or compares it to a contract without a deferment.

It’s really for current conversation purposes a ten year $460m(ish) deal.

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Not picking at YOU personally but I find it a bit “off” for fans to keep citing the $700m future payment obligation in any context that views it or compares it to a contract without a deferment.

image.gif

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

No problem 

I do know that the AAV calculated against the tax threshold is $46 million/season.

That is still a bit of a deterrent. 

I do wonder how much interest will accumulate on the $680 million owed Ohtani starting ten years from now.

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

No problem 

I do know that the AAV calculated against the tax threshold is $46 million/season.

That is still a bit of a deterrent. 

I do wonder how much interest will accumulate on the $680 million owed Ohtani starting ten years from now.

It’s all crazy money to normal people like you and me.  But don’t you think $46m a year for Ohtani is actually not all that shocking, given his two-way productions and massive, massive marketing appeal?

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Look I am just saying the dollar amount of $700m only looks “ridiculous” if you fully ignore the real world math of the deferment.

I personally it’s think it’s a fair point.

And I'm just saying my new nickname for Ohtani is the 700 Million Dollar Man. 🙂

9 hours ago, Ender said:

Lol.

To talk baseball with baseball fans?

Did I upset you so much about Cris Cyborg that you're now posting on all my comments?

im sorry you're right. going through some IRL shit and did a bit of shitposting, i apologize. 

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

It’s all crazy money to normal people like you and me.  But don’t you think $46m a year for Ohtani is actually not all that shocking, given his two-way productions and massive, massive marketing appeal?

Agreed

It is a big gamble, only because of the 2 TJ surgeries.

Talked to a friend not affiliated with the Angels. He said they've been expecting an OF trade all winter. Looks like they're finally positioning themselves to do just that. Also said Votto DH makes too much sense at this point, but there will be competition for his services from AL Central. Expects to sign before Spring. 

3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Talked to a friend not affiliated with the Angels. He said they've been expecting an OF trade all winter. Looks like they're finally positioning themselves to do just that. Also said Votto DH makes too much sense at this point, but there will be competition for his services from AL Central. Expects to sign before Spring. 

I hope the competition wins out.....

1 hour ago, jeskola said:

im sorry you're right. going through some IRL shit and did a bit of shitposting, i apologize. 

I don't know you, but I do know that just about everyone is going through something that the rest of us know nothing about.  I appreciate your being candid.  I wish you the best and hope you overcome whatever it is you're going through.

3 hours ago, Chuck said:

@Ender we've always welcomed fans of other teams here as long as you're not trolling. We used to have a ton of Rangers fans and a few Mariners fans, one hardcore A's fan post here regularly. 

I love talking baseball with fans of all teams, not just the Halos fans. 

Oh I know. I have never felt unwelcome here.